AH FabricationsChris Nott
    vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

ALARM KEEPS GOING OFF...PLEASE HELP . 8p 2.0 tdi

I haven't used my a3 for around 2-3 weeks and the alarm keeps going off,in the center display it saying (displaying) the bootlid to be open but its not ! what can i do ?
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    I had this fault on mine, kept me awake all night! Problem was the boot lock sensor connection had been eroded and telling the car the boot is open when it was shut, hence alarm kept goin off. This was down to poor audi build on water channels! Strip your boot trim and it will probably be the same fault. I had to change the boot lock and not the wiring luckily.

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    ok,i hope its the wiring and i can clean it up if not,how much is the boot lock?

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by navnayyar View Post
    I had this fault on mine, kept me awake all night! Problem was the boot lock sensor connection had been eroded and telling the car the boot is open when it was shut, hence alarm kept goin off. This was down to poor audi build on water channels! Strip your boot trim and it will probably be the same fault. I had to change the boot lock and not the wiring luckily.
    Had exactly the same with the mrs A3, the plug that goes to the microswitch was soaking wet, this is the switch which tells the car if the boots open or shut!
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    Had exactly the same with the mrs A3, the plug that goes to the microswitch was soaking wet, this is the switch which tells the car if the boots open or shut!
    did you do a fix/clen up or replace lock?........hope lock not tooooooooo dear!

Never satisfied

Status
    lock it with the key and then the alarm is not on , at least until you get it sorted , stick a crook lock on if you have one , if you don't .. YOU SHOULD !

1st Gear

Status

wiper motor

this happened to me mate and it was my wiper motor leaking if you take the boot panel off and when you boot lid is up you will see it leak

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    ive took boot panel and boot lock and found it bone dry ,only 1 plug with 3 wires going to the lock and no sign of corrosion?

Gievf Buckets

Status
    perhaps just the cold freezing soem things up, i couldnt get my petrol cap to shut teh other day, applied a little heat and it worked fine again, failin that judging by the time youve left it, maybe low charge in the batt, go take it for a long drive then try again

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    i was thinking of that too cleaned up took lock off wd 40 sprayed everywhere and the connections and put it back,i did work once as i locked the doors the hazards flashed giving the ok indication but then unlcked then tried again and no flashing lights ! indicating somethings open!

DOH! THE BATTERY IS DEAD.....on quick charge for 2-3 hours now.
    Last edited by vw754; 9th January 2010 at 14:34.