Window opening and door locking question

MixedUp

Reaction score
Recently had a couple of issues fixed by Audi but a number of problems (which they created) have since arisen which they don't seem to have an idea as to how to fix just yet. This forum has a lot of knowledgable people so I'm hoping you guys can give me an idea as to what may have happened.

I used to be able to open and close my windows via my remote and this has now stopped working. They seem to think it may be one of the computer systems in the car which may need to be replaced which seems weird to me.

Also when unlocking the doors it used to be one click for the drivers door and two for passenger, now one click opens all. The remote windows apparently cannot be fixed through vagcom, is that right?

Honestly these guys are really starting to frustrate me the amount of times i've been back and forth due to them having to spend a day diagnosing then I have to bring it back a week later when the parts come in, then they break something say that the car never had that feature in the first place and then whole loop begins again. I'd take it elsewhere but seeing as they've already spent ages diagnosing and they're aware of the situation and they're doing it under warrantly it's not really an option yet..

What do you guys think?

Cheers.

If you have the DIS, you may be able to set those via the console on the dash. Depends on the model/year of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeahhh D3mon is right!!

I can control all that sorta stuff from the DIS. I also believe you can change this through the vagcom!

Yeahhh D3mon is right!!

I can control all that sorta stuff from the DIS. I also believe you can change this through the vagcom!

I agree, these items can be coded in the central convenience module. Is it the actual Audi dealer? If you let us know where you are maybe a fellow member can help you.

Thanks guys, unfortunately my dis only goes as far as units. I'll see what possible with VagCom. Really strange the only thing I can think of may have happened is when they fixed my windows (they had some play in them) that they either used a wrong module/regulator or reset everthing. Initially when the replaced the regulator the one click on the window button (inside the car) to wind the windows down all the way down stopped working - had to hold the button down. They've now fixed that but wrecked the remote function.. Either way I'll head back to let them know I'm not happy with what's gone on..

Cheers.

It is all in the central convenience module on vcd , They have just set it to a basic setting.

If your windows stop the one click al the way down and up again..

Then you can do it with out VCD as it is now set to but , there must be an issue with them.

You just hold the window down button all the way down and when fully down continue to hold for about 15 seconds.

Then all the way up strait away holding finger on it , keep it pressed again for 15 seconds and this will reset the module again.

Some times you may have to do it more than once , but i have done it many times as mine kept stopping working and that was on a brand new S3 , Audi ending up changing the module , and it did it again after a week. i reset it as described above and it never came back.

Last edited:
thanks mate. they apparently ended up replacing the module to get it to work, but couldn't work out the remote control function. I'll keep your suggestion in mind.