Head light problem ...please help, anyone?

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
Hi guys , Sometime's when i start my car up it comes up on the dis headlight bulb fail its on the left xenon but when i turn the lights off and back on they come back on , Also when i rev my car the light seem to flicker a little

Does anyone know how to get to the xenon bulb so i can swap them round , I have tryed flicking the metal clip off holding the cover on but cant get the cover out is there a thread on this ???

Also what is a ballast are they expensive where is it located and will i have to get audi to do this ...

please help guys much appreciated , I did ask on the flickering headlights thread but no one answered ..:(

These are the steps to remove the bulb:

• disconnect the battery (seriously, never work on xenon with the battery connected)
  • release the metal clip from the cover
  • remove the cover (might take some force the first time)
  • disconnect the cable on the xenonbulb (in case of a d1s, use a flathead screwdriver to wiggle the cable downwards)
  • release the 2 metal clips holding the bulb
  • pull out bulb
Because of the lack of space in the engine compartement behind the lights I would advice removing the headlights. However, before you can remove them, you need to remove the front bumper, which is a bit work but can be done in your own garage...

DIY Bumper removal
FAQ Replacing xenonbulb

thanks for your help guys with all the information ive received i managed to build a new death star..

Last edited:
Hi did it solve the problem? I've had the problem!

no mate no one replied , lol ...It's not major just something that niggle's me