Phone question.

Quietlife

Reaction score
This is probably a very silly question..but I'm pretty clueless where mobile technology is concerned. My last car had an integral phone with all the gubbins. I'm about to pick up my A3 that has the GSM phone prep. I know it works off bluetooth (or the extortionate cradle) and can be controlled through the steering wheel. But does it have a microphone anywhere in the car. I refuse to wear one of those Alan Partridge ear things, so the absence of a mike in the car might prove a bit problematical. :)

If your new car will have BT phone prep then yes there will be a Mic in the courtesy light cluster. You wil be able to control the phone options via your Steering wheel. I take it your head Unit is not the one with Sat nav? If you did have this option you would get the phone display and the ability to see your phonebook, missed, dialled lists etc. You may want to take a picture of your head unit so we could give you more advice.

Many thanks. It's an A3 Sportback Black Edition with a concert stereo. I'm assuming the phone details come up on the DIS. The car was the showroom model, so the phone option was already installed, hence not knowing much about it.

I should pick it up tomorrow, but my current car is still snowed in. Probably wait till next week I think. :)