2.0TDI engine not so smooth???

kraizekanine

Reaction score
Another has joined the Ferrari corner, its a nicer car! It does look good too, but not as good as the best looking car ever, the Ferrari F40! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/group.bmp

I'm with Tooney and Neil, I'd take the Carrera GT over either the Enzo or the Zonda.

What do people think about this engine

Im not sure whether its just becase ive 'got used to it' bt i find mine is a little course! Ticks over well and fine at low rpm but find when u rev it to the point the turbo boost kicks in it feels quite course and very noisy!

Supposed to be refined! but im not so sure (but again could be me i am a fussy ******! - but for £22k maybe im entitled to be!)

steve

Its like a grumpy tractor on a bad day!..
That said it flies! and has amazing torque.
It was too harsh for me; vibration in the cabin gave me a slitting headache!..

Are you serious ? It's not the smoothest diesel in the world but its not that bad. I assume from your name that you have a 911, not a car thats known for its quiet cabin, do you wear earplugs.

garethj, maybe there's something in 911's sound that you don't get with trucks?-) I personally like the sound of real sportcar, but diesel just doesn't turn on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

I went from the 320d and was going to get the 1.9tdi audi, but it was very noisy compared to the bmw, so I ended up with the V6 tdi instead.

I've just moved in with my girlfriend and had her A3 2,0TDI Sport for the day. I thought it was reasonable smooth. Very flexible and punchy for a diesel. My normal car is a Civic Type R which has a totally different method of power delivery! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

No question of headaches or bad vibrations in the A3 by the way. I thought it was very smooth. I've not had much experience of diesels apart from a PT Cruiser 2.2 CRD which has a Mercedes unit squeeze in.

It's the Japanese who will soon take the lead in diesel technology. We've already witnessed Honda's excellent new engine in the Accord and it will continue to expand throughout the European range.

Not only that, but the American market, currently dominated by petrol (I believe it's something like 98% of all passenger cars run on petrol!), will soon wake up to the performance and economy of diesels and start to shift rapidly. Petrol prices are rising at their fastest ever in the US and it'll only be a matter of time before diesel becomes appreciated like it has in Europe. Japanese makers have a very strong foothold Stateside and they'll want to get ahead of the domestic manufacturers as diesel demand grows.