Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Normal for turn signal to stay on after keys are removed?

I have never seen this behavior in a car before so it's probably an electrical issue. The turn signals don't turn off after removing the keys and leaving the car. There's a buzzing alarm type sound that accompany's this so I'm thinking it knows this is not right. It's totally repeatable and NOT in the owners manual...

What say you guys?
    Lucky

98 red AUDI A3 Sport

2. # ADS
    ADS

Never satisfied

Status
    Daft one , but are you sure it's not your parking light ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Is it the equivilent to the parking lights we have over here? Leave the left or right indicator (turn signal) on with the keys removed and the sidelight and tail light on that side of the car stay illuminated.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-CoolC View Post
    Is it the equivilent to the parking lights we have over here? Leave the left or right indicator (turn signal) on with the keys removed and the sidelight and tail light on that side of the car stay illuminated.
    why would you want ANY exterior lights illuminated in that situation?
    Lucky

98 red AUDI A3 Sport

Never satisfied

Status
    When parked on the side of the road in bad weather / at night .. so some one does not knock your mirror off ,... yes it's happened.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crypric23 View Post
    When parked on the side of the road in bad weather / at night .. so some one does not knock your mirror off ,... yes it's happened.
    gotcha, well I'm surprised there'd be any battery left overnight and in your bad weather scenario who wants to stand out to get a jump start in the morning :-)

Seriously, that' maybe make more sense if there was a relay so the lights would flash. Save some battery and draw more attention at the same time?
    Lucky

98 red AUDI A3 Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by luckymacy View Post
    gotcha, well I'm surprised there'd be any battery left overnight and in your bad weather scenario who wants to stand out to get a jump start in the morning :-)

Seriously, that' maybe make more sense if there was a relay so the lights would flash. Save some battery and draw more attention at the same time?

Two five watt bulbs would only draw about 0.8 of an amp. Over an 8 hour period, that's less than 7 amps.

3rd Gear

Status
    Two five watt bulbs would only draw about 0.8 of an amp. Over an 8 hour period, that's less than 7 amps.
    Technically I think you mean less than seven ampere hours...

It's a legal requirement in Germany for ALL vehicles, AFAIK. My Porsche does it, and My A3 will do it, if I program it to with VAG-COM. -If you don't want it, you can de-program it the same way.

The warning buzzer is there to remind you that you've left lights on... again, my Porsche does the same thing.

Keith

1st Gear

Status
    Its a legal requirement in the UK as well, if parked on a road with a speed limit over 30mph.
    --------------------------------------
    Now: A3 Sportback 2.0TDi Sport, Akoya silver, black alcantara/leather, Bose.

Gone: A3 2.0TDi Sport, Lava Grey
    A3 (8L) 1.9TDi Sport, Silver

Audi driver since Dec 08

Status
    If ever I'm in the position where I have to leave mine roadside, the parking light goes on, day or night. Too many blind people out there to take the risk.
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

Up the owls!

Status
    Ive never used this feature on any car. How long does the battery last in this situation?
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.