DSG from D to S mode

mike1628

Reaction score
Hi

I have a DSG and my question is this:

If im driving at say 30 can i just change from Drive to Sport mode or will this mess up the gears.

I have driven for month's in D and only changing to Sport when the car has stopped because i was worried to change while in motion.

Can it be done :think: i was told today i could by some random mechanic who i had a conversation with.

Thanks Guys and girls

Mike

If it will let you, then you can, simples. I did it when test driving a DSG.

No problem with changing from D to S whilst moving, NHN did it the other night in my car while i was driving! Cheeky ******!

I constantly change between the 2. I always drop into Sport to overtake. That is one of its main uses. I am surprised that its not taken for granted !! Hardly a lot of point in stopping to change .....:)

Thanks Smudge and Scott

I have used the flappy paddles which im fine with, but was worried about the other, can you switch to the + - on the gears also you know where you push the button in and move it to the left then + up the gears and - down the gears?

Just want to be sure

No problem with changing from D to S whilst moving, NHN did it the other night in my car while i was driving! Cheeky ******!

Lol, he strikes me as that kind of guy. :)

Thanks Smudge and Scott

I have used the flappy paddles which im fine with, but was worried about the other, can you switch to the + - on the gears also you know where you push the button in and move it to the left then + up the gears and - down the gears?

Just want to be sure

Ye no problem either with switching it to the +/- with the stick

I was aiming for a leisurely drive to Tesco after him fitting my RNSE, and he goes "put ya foot down" and rams it into "S" :rockwoot:

Thats cause you were driving like Miss Daisy lmfao

Uh buggering isnt in my list of habits thanks, lmfao

I was aiming for a leisurely drive to Tesco after him fitting my RNSE, and he goes "put ya foot down" and rams it into "S" :rockwoot:

Leisurely, whose the person tooting his horn & then I nearly had to clump some twxt in a ****** rover 200 piece of ***** for being a gob all mighty, lol, anyway at least you got directions back home ok with rns, damn cant please anyone these days & you try to help :)

Sorry to kind of change the thread subject a bit but whilst on about DSG, just wondering what effect any modifications have on the gearbox ? Are the re-mapping options more limited with this type of gearbox than the manual ?
Cheers

Sorry to kind of change the thread subject a bit but whilst on about DSG, just wondering what effect any modifications have on the gearbox ? Are the re-mapping options more limited with this type of gearbox than the manual ?
Cheers

No mate, remapping with DSG is fine, infact it's been said that the DSG clutch can withstand a greater amount of power/torque than the manual clutch, so when a manual will need an uprated clutch, it's likely that the DSG will be fine. If that makes sense? I need to sleep!

Thanks Scott,
Appreciate the reply. Really fancy the S-Tronic box, but may in the future want to re-map so any help on this subject is much appreciated before I place my order for new car.
The info I have gained on this site has been magic just since joining in December 09. I hope to be able to contribute a bit more to some answers rather than just posing questions when i get more time to get in current car / get new one ( hopefully late March / April ) :unsure:

I know paddy thats what i thought:think:

Once you have finished playing with the paddles just flick the lever from D to +/- and back to D to put it back in auto. As the lever is an electronic switch you are not physically moving the gears, you are telling the car what to do and it has its own built in safety so it just will not do anything that will damage the box. try anything you want ( except reverse) while you are going along and you will be fine :)

Thats cause you were driving like Miss Daisy lmfao

Uh buggering isnt in my list of habits thanks, lmfao

Leisurely, whose the person tooting his horn & then I nearly had to clump some twxt in a ****** rover 200 piece of ***** for being a gob all mighty, lol, anyway at least you got directions back home ok with rns, damn cant please anyone these days & you try to help :)

I was not driving like Miss Daisy!!!!

And i didn't ask you to get out did I :laugh:

Ok you got me, you were driving like her driver lol

Hey I had to get out, I liked his dog, lmfao

Only if Pat joins us, there were 3 in the bed & the little one said oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh you're so manly.........................

Ring a ring a roses a pocket full of poses, a wet tissue a wet tissue

lmfao now thats funny & tbh next 7-8 months will be tough so I'll hold you to that possibly, lmfao

Er smudge....you must be made mate...that guy is firing live rounds !! just shout "Estrarre rapida, oh troppo tardi"....dosnt always work though :)