Power plans for my car

smudge_don

Reaction score
I've got so many ideas bouncing around in my head, i just wanted to share them with the forum and get some feedback/ideas as to what would be best.

1st things 1st, i have a 2007 2.0TDI (170) with a DSG box and want a custom exhaust fitting to look like the caractere twin exit

A38P06rear-big.jpg

:wub:

Now, with this in mine, i'm thinking that a remap would be in order too in order for me to get the most out of the planned turboback decat exhaust system, but this would mean getting the DPF delete pipe from somewhere like Miltek so that it can be mapped over 200bhp without melting the sensors

So a Miltek downpipe with DPF delete, and custom centre section and twin back boxes....sound good?

With these mods, the car should then theoretically be pushing the 225bhp mark, and what with turbo's blowing left right and centre on a lot of peoples cars, i was thinking in investing in a hybrid turbo.

So i need a custom map that can accomodate and compliment the custom exhaust system and the hybrid turbo. Am i right in thinking a hybrid turbo is less prone to blowing in comparison to a standard OEM turbo?

Then the issue of torque comes in when you look at this sort of power gain; should i look at replacing the OEM clutch with a Sachs upgrade just in case?

Sorry if i havent made much sense by the way, but comments, suggestions and recommendations are welcome :)

Last edited:
Right, so clutch isn't an issue on the DSG, that's good :)

N8, you were saying about the Revo DSG map on MSN...any details bud?

With these mods, the car should then theoretically be pushing the 225bhp mark, and what with turbo's blowing left right and centre on a lot of peoples cars, i was thinking in investing in a hybrid turbo.

planns sound spot on mate and i think the exhuat would look sweet, when you say the turbo's blowing, do you mean it is a common fault as standard or when tuned?

planns sound spot on mate and i think the exhuat would look sweet, when you say the turbo's blowing, do you mean it is a common fault as standard or when tuned?

Just been reading of it a lot recently, and i'm sure putting more power through the system doesn't help

I wouldn't like to have as much torque as you would potentially have and be running a standard clutch (or clutches in your case).