Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Looking to change to single grill

Hi, I have recently bought myself a 2003 a3 fsi and just like most with this car would love to change the front end to the single grill.
    I live quite far up the country north scotland, is there anyone around me that may any of the parts i would need for sale?

S3/S Line Bumper,
    Bonnet,
    Grill etc?

Would be no bother to travel a couple of hrs or so.

Any help/advise would be great!

Seanick
    Last edited by seanick; 3rd January 2010 at 11:05. Reason: pressed return by mistake!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Search !
    A3 '04 2.0TDI 140 DSG with lots of goodies but stock

Neutral

Status
    yup been looking m8, mostly ebay? cant find many S3 type bumpers was kinda hoping there may be someone up my way that may have some of the parts for sale or know some one who does?Just north of Inverness.

6th Gear

Status
    TBH, unless your living around Manchester were most are stolen oops, broken/dismantled I'd suggest you bite the bullet & buy bonnet & bumper from dealer. Very few people will send a bonnet & they are very rare commanding almost as much as a new one. 2nd hand bumpers are often damaged and will require some extra work/cost. The other parts i'd look on German ebay, lots will post to uk if you ask.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Khufu,

Yup thought that would be the route i would have to take? Was reading on a mkiv golf forum lad there reckoned all the parts to do the conversion were about 350 from audi?What you think sounded quite cheap to me?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by seanick View Post
    Thanks Khufu,

Yup thought that would be the route i would have to take? Was reading on a mkiv golf forum lad there reckoned all the parts to do the conversion were about 350 from audi?What you think sounded quite cheap to me?
    Doubt it mate! The bumper/grille costs about that, then you will need the fog lights at around 120 and the bonnet at 170

However if you go to a dealer do not be afraid to ask for a discount, theres always at least 10% in it, maybe 15% on this sort of value, dont forget dealers make money on parts aswell as cars!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Neutral

Status
    Cheers Lee,
    Thought so!!
    Read this post and got a little excited! http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/220206/1854232.aspx