EM TuningBadger5

Thread: S3 MIRRORS

1st Gear

Status

S3 MIRRORS

Hey had a wee look on ebay, funny how lots of sets of mirrors are comein up now one set says the mountin has been touched up
    GIAC pump & race map WITH CONTROLER, VF ITAKE ,AUTOTECH HPFP,MV DOWNPIPE & MILTEK CAT BK,RS4 REG,UPRATED OEM DV, CUSTOM ENGINE COVER, BOOST GAUGE & POD, H&R SPRINGS, OEM BLACK WHEELS, FORGE CATCH TANK AND WASHER BOTTLE ,RNS-E SAT NAV BLUETOOTH,FLAT BOTTOM, BUCKETS,PRE-FACE TAILLIGHTS TINTS

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    I have an eye open for a set. found a pair on the bay for 235 but a quick look at the guys feedback shows he paid 180 for them last month from Lithuania so probably nicked !!

6th Gear

Status
    Anybody just tried to spray their own in brushed Alum? LOL
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I have a set but its the whole kit as in folding, dimming, alum covers, heated, led's underneath etc etc the dogs nads, not as cheap either as 235 but half or more than audi would charge.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Think I'm gonna stick with my white mirrors!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi,

I have a genuine set of the silver housings for sale if anyone wants them. They came of my 8P Ibis White S3 when i changed them for Phantom black ones. I sold the car with the Phantom black ones on.

I'm looking for 100.

pm me.

Paul.
    2008 S3 in Ibis White

291BHP! STANDARD on 95ron Fuel. Get In.
    All Hail Mitch78

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Facelift?

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I have a set but its the whole kit as in folding, dimming, alum covers, heated, led's underneath etc etc the dogs nads, not as cheap either as 235 but half or more than audi would charge.
    Why didn't you have these for sale a year ago when my A3 only had one mirror

I'd have had them and probably fitted them wrong as well
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

3rd Gear

Status
    I have two mirrors surrounds with built in LED indicators which I took off my 58 plate A3 cabriolet. They are red in colour and in excellent condition having only been on the car for 6 months.
    2013 A5 2.0 TDI (177) Black Edition

[s]2012 A1 1.4TFSI (185ps) Black Edition[s]

[s]MY2010 A4 1.8T (160) S-Line executive in brilliant Red[/s]

[s]2008 A3 TDI S-Line Cabriolet 8P3[/s]

A4 (B8) Door warning light and Glovebox retrofits. A1 Heated Mirrors Retrofit

6th Gear

Status
    Facelift?
    Steven Baldwin?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pns2007 View Post
    I have two mirrors surrounds with built in LED indicators which I took off my 58 plate A3 cabriolet. They are red in colour and in excellent condition having only been on the car for 6 months.

how much you looking for them?

And would the fit an 04 a3?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by weedazza View Post
    And would the fit an 04 a3?
    No, facelift are different shape altogether.

Reverse Gear

Status
    No, facelift are different shape altogether.
    cheers mate

Reverse Gear

Status
    The 235 ones on the bay were mine, I bought them thinking it would just be a plug and play retrofit for the auto folding function on my car..

How wrong I was. After much messing about I coudn't get them to fold, then read on here I need vag com, new door looms and modules which I can't source anywhere.

My price of 235 with best offer was aimed at getting my money back on the 180 I paid for them, exactly what I have done tonight. Result.

Why do people assume that Lithuanian exports are all stolen, is there something i'm missing here? I think it would've been difficult for the original seller to steal the complete housing, mounts, mirrors and mechanisms undamaged with all the wiring loom intact from the door card.

Additionally the auto folding switch I was supplied with has the same production date as the mirrors, meaning they were presumably from the same S3. A thief would've done commendably well to get into the vehicle, remove the door card and unscrew this in a hurry.

Or maybe i'm just being naive and he nicked the complete car!

06 A3 SE S LINE 2.0 TFSI DSG - Chrome RNS E, TT Vents, TT Pedals, MFSW, S3 Handbrake Cover, Bose, OEM Bluetooth, Xenons, Sunroof, Armrest, Full Heated Leather..

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by laticslad View Post
    After much messing about I coudn't get them to fold, then read on here I need vag com, new door looms and modules which I can't source anywhere.
    Cant source anywhere, you didnt look hard enough mate cause there's audi dealers everywhere in the country at last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by laticslad View Post
    Why do people assume that Lithuanian exports are all stolen, is there something i'm missing here?
    Or maybe i'm just being naive and he nicked the complete car!
    Cause they've got nothing better to do

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Cause they've got nothing better to do
    Who? Those of us who are suspicious about the quantity of S3 etc. parts emerging from Eastern Europe, or the thieving gits themselves?
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ok I will admit there are obviously S3's stolen, but we only hear about these so much obviously cause we're on an audi forum, but lots of other performance cars get stolen ever single day, but lets think of it like this, how many S3's have been sold in Europe, how many are sold to young guys who think they're schumacher, how many have slammed them into obstacles, so how many of these slammed cars are bought by breakers & broken up for parts, so how many S3 parts are on ebay in the grand scheme of things, sweet FA overall, I just think instead of jumping on people instantly with the stolen moniker about parts, they should think before as there's no proof of theft & tbh its almost daily someone says I bought an S3 today in 8P section, so its not impossible the S3 parts are from crashed cars overall, albeit admittedly some from stolen, but not every single one.