Stage 2+ Revo Select Settings

S3EDDIE

Reaction score
Hi have done a search but couldn't find what I was looking for. My car has the stage 2+ Revo software and I was wondering what settings I should set my select switch to any recommendations?

Nip round boy. I've got a couple of settings we can try that I think will work well..
Oh and what's all this MY Select switch???:no: :)

Well your not about till next week cause you are hideous! And it is my switch at the moment, what do you need it for? Or have you got your push bike Revo'd now????:scared2:

Every car is different. You need to get your Revo dealer to set it up for you or do some datalogging on Vagcom yourself. My setting are B9 T6 F9 but they shouldn't be used as a guide for your car. Ben will sort you out I'm sure.

Thanks for that, thats what I have just set it to funnily enough so i'll see how I get on with that.

Or try B8 T6 F8 too.. Oh wait, you can't, because you only have the switch and not the program.. :nyah:

Seriously though it'll be fine on that setting B until you get round mine at some point.. (When your Mrs takes her thumb off your head)

9 6 8 seems to be the one. When I had the clutch done last week I drove it after and it seemed to be terrible. My mate Ben mentioned that when the battery is disconnected it looses the Revo settings. I was almost thinking of getting rid of the car it was awful, now I have sorted it I can't believe how much difference the flywheel has made, when it comes onto boost now it feels so strong!

Does anyone know what actually happens when the battery is disconnected? Does it turn the map off or does it set it to a low setting? Now I have reverted it back it feels like it has 100 horse more no joke.

Mike at Votex set mine to B9 T5 F6 with Revo stage2+

I asked why the fuel was on 6 and not 9, he said he likes to be conservative. May be I need to have a play with the Select switch. Also run BP ultimate as the nearest Shell is 25 mins away from me

Clutch has now started slipping so the Sachs performance clutch it is, but ive got a plan up my sleeve. Ill keep you updated

9 6 8 seems to be the one. When I had the clutch done last week I drove it after and it seemed to be terrible. My mate Ben mentioned that when the battery is disconnected it looses the Revo settings. I was almost thinking of getting rid of the car it was awful, now I have sorted it I can't believe how much difference the flywheel has made, when it comes onto boost now it feels so strong!

Does anyone know what actually happens when the battery is disconnected? Does it turn the map off or does it set it to a low setting? Now I have reverted it back it feels like it has 100 horse more no joke.

When disconnected Revo reverts to B0 T0 F0, so your settings need to be re-applied:icon_thumright:

When disconnected Revo reverts to B0 T0 F0, so your settings need to be re-applied:icon_thumright:

I ran it for nearly 400 miles like that, do you think it would have harmed it in any way?

does it really reset everything back to 0 if you disconnect the battery? sounds unlikely to me. Would make more sense if it defaulted back to the standard map, but even then thats a pain in the **** if you havent got at least a select switch.

I wonder if someone from Revo is reading this and could confirm one way or the other?

Mike at Votex set mine to B9 T5 F6 with Revo stage2+

I asked why the fuel was on 6 and not 9, he said he likes to be conservative. May be I need to have a play with the Select switch. Also run BP ultimate as the nearest Shell is 25 mins away from me

Clutch has now started slipping so the Sachs performance clutch it is, but ive got a plan up my sleeve. Ill keep you updated

6 is more fuel than 9

Fuel 9 is more aggressive in that it is leaner - F6 delivers more fuel to make the mixture richer and therefore more conservative. That's my understanding of it. What I don't understand is why my car hates any Fuel setting lower than 9. Vagcom shows the knock values increasing as I lower my Fuel settings - so I'm stuck with 9 on mine.

Ref the fuel setting as Iggu and JustCharlie have already said a lower fuel setting means your car will be running a richer AFR and a higher fuel setting means your car will be running a leaner AFR.

For those that don't know AFR = Air Fuel Ratio. If you log block 31 with VCDS you will see the lambada sensor value which can be multiplied by 14.7 to give you your actual and specified AFR. When not boosting and not running at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) your car will always try to maintain an AFR of 14.7:1 When running WOT and boosting the AFR will be richer - anything from about 12.2:1 to 11.5:1 at the redline depending on what you have the fuel setting at (with REVO).

The reason the AFR is especially important in turbo charged cars is because:
- The leaner the AFR is the higher EGTs (Exhaust Gas Temperature) are going to be. High EGTs are the number one killer of cats and turbos. Having less fuel in the cylinder per combustion stroke will create a hotter burn. However REVO owners don't worry! Running a fuel setting of 9 is perfectly safe and well withing the limits of what our K04 turbos can handle.

The reasons why you might want to turn down the fuel setting and hence run a richer AFR:
- Running a richer AFR will bring down EGTs and cylinder temperatures as more fuel per combustion stroke means a cooler burn. The reduction in temperatures means you should be able to advance timing a little more and hence produce some more power.

Stage 1 and Stage 2 cars really do not have much scope to adjust the fuel setting if you want to be able to maintain a decent level of boost like for example B6 with REVO. This is because the standard HPFP will struggle to keep up with the requested fuel pressure and running too low a fuel setting could lead to fuel cuts. On my stage 1 S3 I run F8 and would not go any lower until I get a HPFP.

As always before playing around with any settings you should always log thoroughly with VCDS the pre and post results. If you don't know what you are doing or understand the ramifications of the changes you are making then it would be better not make these changes yourself and go to your local tuner or local friendly forum member :)

Excellent post KRL. I do lots of datalogging but have never truly understood Block 31. Thanks for a really clear explanation.