Outside temp sensor

A3.Lee

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anybody know if I fit an outside air temperature sensor to my a3, will it support it, ie It will register on the display or will I need software to activate it ect,

Find it really annoying how it doesnt already have one! The only complaint with the car!

Thanks in advance for any info shared

Hi All,

Does anybody know if I fit an outside air temperature sensor to my a3, will it support it, ie It will register on the display or will I need software to activate it ect,

Find it really annoying how it doesnt already have one! The only complaint with the car!

Thanks in advance for any info shared

I am sure all A3 have the temp reading in digital format
If car is fitted with no DIS unit then its in the rev counter if you have DIS its in the menu on that unit

If it doesnt have the DIS it may not have it. If the car had aircon i'm sure it will have then sensor in the front bumber but you would still need a new speedo cluster. Not that cheap to change.

Its a 54 a3 This is an 8p isnt it or am I wrong? I am new to audi converted over from vw.
The car doesnt have A/C or Nor DIS there is no toggle on the stalk to scroll through. just a picture of a car telling me which doors are open.

I must have minimum spec?

Its a 54 a3 This is an 8p isnt it or am I wrong? I am new to audi converted over from vw.
The car doesnt have A/C or Nor DIS there is no toggle on the stalk to scroll through. just a picture of a car telling me which doors are open.

I must have minimum spec?

I thought that all 8P's had it :ermm:

Is there something I need to press/toggle other than the wipers stalk, to display it?

Hi All,
I'm pretty sure the basic model spec does not have any sensor / readout. I remember this was something a mate at work wanted on ordering a new works 08 plate 1.9tdie a couple of years ago and the only way was to add the DIS as an option. All models above the basic SE, Sport etc get DIS as standard as you prob know.

Gutted!

So its A replace the cluster/dials job?

never seen an A3 without aircon and I looked at a few! however my guide book shows a dash featuring old school manual controls (which i prefer!) To be honest, there arent that many base model A3's about, everyone i see seems to be an S line!