Fog light bulp to match DRL

lundoz

Reaction score
Hi!

Its so many threads about running LED's on fog.

I'v got the a3 2010 sportback and want to get the perfect macth between the daylight DRL and the H11 fog lights. I tried the philips nightbreaker bulp but still its to "yellow" and not white/blue.... :keule:

Anyone??

The DRL uses LED (?) so I tought LED in the fog's would be perfect?

Anyone got this and can tell me where to get this?

Ebay got alot of LED with 6000k etc....will this be to hot?

Are the fog lights definately H11?

http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm

Apparently PIAA do some too, but I haven't really looked. I'd be weary of the eBay bulbs as they're usually a bit crap quality and won't last very long.

Not sure what you mean by will 6000k be too hot, as 6000k is the colour temperature not heat which is produced by the bulbs (which will be near enough nothing for LEDs). 6000k will be a better colour match than standard halogens.

Out of interest, how do you access the fog light bulbs?

To access the fog light bulbs you need to pull out the front fog grill and unscrew 3 screws. Then pul the hole socket out and disconnect the bulp and twist the bulp 45 degrees and just pull it out :)

The point is that when im driving with the DRL light and foglight I would like it to match in color...I have tried 2 types now and not found the right color. It must be white/blue like...hehe

6000K will fitt the xenon color but the will it fitt the DRL light?

Ahh thanks, seems pretty easy, I don't drive with fogs on but would look nice (for show)

I'm not sure if 4300k would be closer. I used 4300k HID kit on my old car but it still had hints of blue, which it shouldn't, so I guess it varies. I'd look for 5000k bulbs but I think they'll be harder to find, but they should produce crisp white light by my reckoning, as 6000k would(or should) have hints of blue and 4300k hints of yellow.

Can you have DRL's and fogs on at the same time? surely you must need sidelights or main beams on to use fogs?

not sure as I dont have facelift a3 so may be wrong!:)

hey!

when I meen drl i meen the LED lights in the front. Hope thats called DRL :)

Can you have DRL's and fogs on at the same time? surely you must need sidelights or main beams on to use fogs?

not sure as I dont have facelift a3 so may be wrong!:)

You're right, you would need side lights at least, but I think you can change some settings via VCDS to increase the brightness of the sidelights to match DRL's

Hm...sounds interessting.......It seems that the DRL lights are abit more blue then white in my eyes.