Bumper Confusion??

ryanstewart9

Reaction score
Ok I think I'm going mad....

But, Why do different facelift models have different style bumpers?

It doesn't seem to be a certain year they changed as I have seen them on different models. The difference I mean is that on my S-line I have a strip going round the whole car including the bumpers where as N8's car only has the strip on the sides (not on bumpers).

Edit12.jpg

Can anyone explain this for me :uhm:

Im sure a read a thread about him changing the bumper? could be wrong though

But I'm sure I have seen other S-line's with that style bumper front & back, I'm sure not all of them have S3 bumpers on them?

yes your right, you have mate, the S3 bumper and the post 06 s-line bumper is identical (only the valances are different) Your car has the wrong one on it, I'm 100% sure all s-lines after 2006 have no rubbing strip.

Have you had it from new? if the front also has the strips then i'm guessing its been in an accident and the wrong parts fitted or is not a real s-line? looks it though, ride height, wheels, black headling?

I cant find any pics on the net of any post 06 s-lines with rub strips, yours is a one off!

Last edited:
For a 57 plate you deffo have the wrong rear bumper fitted.
But as the other forum has stated if you have the same on the front looks like its been in a accident and has been replaced with the older type.

Strange, carried out an HPi before I bought the car and there is no history of an accident?

I bought the car in September of this year.

HPI will only show if it's been written off by an insurance company.
Most likely nothing bad or serious, could have simply been a little dink on the bumper so it was replaced, like reversing into a post or catching a wall, if you're happy with the car then I wouldn't worry too much. :icon_thumright:

post a pic of the front mate, i'm intrigued to see which grille it has!

I assume it has the s line badged steering wheel, door sill plates and s line logo stamped into the leather seats?

Went out to the car earlier and I must admit I was wrong about the front bumper, it doesn't have the strip round it.

So it looks as if the rear bumper has been replaced with the wrong one before I took ownership of it.

Thanks guys for all your help.