Trying to price up a few mods - get a pro or enthusiast to fit them?

evapor8

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I'm getting closer to the time that I'll be bringing my car to the UK for a bit of blast (gets a bit tedious driving everywhere at a maximum 35mph!)

So, as my sig suggests, there's a few things I want to do to the car whilst it's in the UK:

1. Fit Audi bluetooth and SDS;
2. Fit the Alpine KCE-425i adaptor and get video in motion sorted;
3. Correctly code my RNS-E (and get the AUX-in working again!)
4. Fit the vanity lights (is that what they're called??) see pic below ...

200x200A4_Innenleuchte_Schwarz.jpg

I'm not willing to do any of this myself, and understand that I'm gonna have to pay (a premium) to have someone else do it.

Is there anyone here - somewhere between the South Coast and Manchester - that would be willing to take this on (that's done all of this before), or would I be better getting one of the established installers to do this?

I realise it'd be more satisfying to do it myself, but I'd like to be able to drive my car again!

Cheers,

Chris

The LEDs thing you can fit yourself extremely easily so don't pay someone to do that.

The aux-in is a bit of coding and some wiring behind the RNS-E. It's a fairly simple job which I did on mine in about 15 minutes. I would contact S8Craig, he's based in Manchester and normally does RNS-E retrofits etc. He'll be able to do 1 & 2 so you might as well get him to do 3 too as he'd have the RNS-E out already.

i would try this urself first m8, save u money, then see if someone with vag com in ur area could give u a help out for some beers :yes:

I agree with Paul. You should have a go at all of this as none of it is that difficult. Especially if you meet up with NHN who can help with the coding and more tricky parts. You could save a lot of cash!