"Headlights on" icon

smudge_don

Reaction score
Just realised it last night on the way home, that when i turn my headlights on, i don't get the usual little green light icon appear on my speedo cluster

Is this something that they've taken off the 06 onwards models or is my light just not working? :huh:

Doesn't matter either way, as i'm getting an '09 cluster soon hopefully :sly:

It just isn't activated on the newer cars. If you really miss it you can get it back with Vagcom, but I prefer the cleaner look without it there.

Ah cool, i just thought it wasn't working :yahoo:

Nah, i prefer it too, especially with the '09 cluster on the way

It just isn't activated on the newer cars. If you really miss it you can get it back with Vagcom, but I prefer the cleaner look without it there.

I used to like this icon showing on my previous A3s. Do you know if it can be activated on the latest 2009 models.

Yer, i'd like this as well, is it just a coding mod?

If you can yeah please Lee, then I'll add it to the VCDS thread.

I looked for this a while ago, I have auto lights and wanted to know when they were on. Had to turn on the dash diagnostics with VCDS to get all the lights on. Couldn't see the headlight icon. (that's on an 07 car)

Maybe Sebastian from Ross-Tech could shed some light on the matter? May be worth a PM to ask him to have a look at the thread.

Ok just been to do something else on my car so I had a look. The only thing I found is in 55-Xenon range, adaptations channel 06:

Warning Lamp Enabling-
0-Warning Lamp Activation Suppressed
1-Warning Lamp Activation Enabled

I tried it and it didn't work. I thought I should check that there's actually a lamp on the instrument cluster using a torch and there is only the warning lamp for the main beam anyway so that's probably why it doesn't work! :wacko:

I've just done an output test on the cluster (lights up all the icons in the DIS/cluster), and I dont have a green light!