Revo stage 2+ : Intercoolers?

R7SAN

Reaction score
Question really for the S3 guys on here running revo stage 2+ in the UK.

Does anybody have an additional or replacement intercooler?
e.g. Forge / ARP

Is there any noticable performace increase, which one do you have and was it worth the money?
I have been told that it will make a big difference in summer in the UK:huh:, but I would like to hear peoples own opinions.

Last edited:
Decked and TobyCruse have the ProAlloy unit - better than the Forge from what I've read. Do a search - there's a full write-up somewhere. Lots of people have the Forge - and many have the OEM unit. All of us are showing the same (roughly) power though - around 360 - 370bhp (though both Decked and Toby were just over 370 so maybe that's the effect of the better intercooler).

The S3 intercooler is already a good piece of kit. But the flow on the pro-alloy is vastly improved, very smooth/clean drive and the engine feels really free.
The APR isn't that much of a change over the standard unit, it's more of an upgrade for the Golf/Cupra.
In the summer I can still run very aggressive revo settings without the ECU pulling the timing, so it's doing the job. Temp wise, the inlet temp is a lot lower with an upgraded intercooler (original test results).

OEM Intercooler Results
Ambient Temp 26C
Inlet manifold Temp 36C

Pro Alloy Intercooler Results
Ambient Temp 26C
Inlet manifold Temp 28C

As the ambient temp rises the pro-alloy kit performs really well!
I've not seen any tests done with the forge kit, and it wouldn't fit a facelift S3 so wasn't an option for me.

I bought the THS intercooler for my S3. Im running Revo Stage 2+
It def helps with the cooling and recovery . I noticed a massive increase on top end speeds . Especially when accelerating.

Its summer in South Africa now .. so we are experiencing temps between 28-35 Degrees celcius. the only thing keeping my performance back is the fuel quality

I have the Forge Twincooler and I must say that its a VERY VERY good upgrrade, well worth the money. I am very satisfied, and I can say that the car pulls much much better in 4,5 and especially in 6. gear. Very satisfied with forge. :) :)

The S3 intercooler is already a good piece of kit. But the flow on the pro-alloy is vastly improved, very smooth/clean drive and the engine feels really free.
The APR isn't that much of a change over the standard unit, it's more of an upgrade for the Golf/Cupra.

So the APR IC is not better than the standard S3 one? It looks bigger and has the same size as the THS cooler. has anyone compare them? I am very interested in this info bcause I ordered an APR IC today.