SPORTLINE LOWERING SPRINGS 35MM

slick-A3

A3/TDI/S-LINE/BBS LM SPLITTYS
Reaction score
This is my a3, with my xmas present fitted i was unsure about the drop i would achieve, as i had heard that they dont drop the car alot, about 10mm = 30mm spring kit.

I fitted the rears myself today, i will have to wait till my freind goes back to work before i can get the fronts fitted. i was quite suprised that i got a 30mm drop from 35mm springs, which i am happy with as i live on really bumpy fen roads, so i couldnt go much lower if i wanted.

i originally wanted coilovers but i was struggling for money as the house comes first and xmas shopping.lol. so i was going to go without, but my missus brought me these springs for xmas! with the help from my brother she got the right ones.lol.

a few pictures below before and after, i will be posting some more when i get the fronts fitted,comments welcomed good or bad!...
rearmeasurmentsafterlowering.jpg

The photo above is after lowering..

The photo below is before...
rearmeasurements.jpg

as you can see there is a noticable difference, but not huge but im still happy with the difference.
rearlowered-1.jpg

the above picture is after lowering the rear and it has taken up the huge gap i had and made it easier on the eye.:yahoo:...
rearbeforelowering95mmgap.jpg

above picture is before lowering, as you can see i huge gap...3.75"... i still has a gap but i need a bit of a gap because of the fen roads i drive on:sob:.

Looks better mate, the springs may go a little lower anyway once they settle!

yeh, i was told they would settle but dint know if they would drop it cheers, it is not my choice of ride hieght really, i would of preffered to deck it i was thinking 70mm all round and even more stretched tyres, but i would be smashing my sump to bits.:crying: it looks better none the less.lol.

Pretty much like my situation mate, ive got the steepest drive ever, so ill either be goin down 50mm and parking on the road or not at all on the drive! Roads round my way are terrible too...

Any more plans??

looks nice . just sport lines on my 06 tdi sline it looks mint. really happy with it.

Do you have any more pictures since getting the front done too??? Considering ordering the Sportline kit for mine. It looks good from what I can see. :icon_thumright:

Cheers.

I just couldn't wait for more pics. I just ordered them..... :scared2:

looks much better than before. what setup did you have before SE or sports?:icon_thumright: