OEM SACHS OR SRE ORGANIC SACHS ????

CJ3BLUE

Reaction score
Im in a bit of a dilemma and just after a few opinions to finally make up my mind on what to do.
Basically my S3 is mapped to approx 310bhp,im gonna get it re-done by Star performance in new year with the GIAC software and make it switchable.
Apart from maybe getting a ITG induction kit in the future thats gonna be my limit on the tuning front.
Here's the dilemma:uhm:.....my clutch is slipping,its a 2007 car so guessing its the Luc clutch, will i get away with a oem sachs one from audi (and flywheel) or do i need the Organic sachs clutch.
Im swaying towards oem ??
Your thoughts would be appreciated as i really need to get it sorted !!

Thanks in advance.

Organic mate! Atleast then if you want you can tune further you can! If not it will last longer than oem. Theres a group buy for sre organic, see group buy section. Sre clutch and flywheel is lighter than oem!

Organic mate! Atleast then if you want you can tune further you can! If not it will last longer than oem. Theres a group buy for sre organic, see group buy section. Sre clutch and flywheel is lighter than oem!

Is it a single mass flywheel? if so i would not advise running these, a few guys on here have had issues with them plus they produce alot of transmission noise at idle (sachs even have a note on their site about this when purchasing). Great for a track car for everyday road use not so great.
I have the Sachs Perfromance Clutch sitting in my room, once i go stage 2+ then i will probably fit it. At the moment running stage one the clutch is doing OK if i sit in 5th at 3k RPM and floor it i can get it to slip ever so slightly but this is me trying to make it slip. Driving normally i have had no issues (touching wood :)).
The Sachs Performance clutch costs around £600, i bought mine direct from Sachs, as they deal in euro's it depends on the exchange rate how much your going to pay.

Some pics of the Sachs Perfromance Clutch

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

Cheers Davie

Thanks both for your replies,i will go for the oem dmf if required i just cant decide on the clutch i dont want to waste money on the organic one if i dont really need it my car has done 54k on the Luk clutch 10k re-mapped......decisions decisions !!
Are you running the oem sachs at present Davie ??

im still running the clutch that has been installed from new not sure what will be installed as mine is a 2007 also, my car has done around 18k miles and about 1k remapped. If your not planning on going above stage 1 i would say the OEM Sachs clutch would be fine as it seems to cope with the extra torque produced when remapping. If you wish to go stage 2 or stage 2+ a performance clutch will be required to eliminate clutch slip.

Cheers Davie

So with stage 2 & stage 2+ do you need just a clutch upgrade or flywheel too?

If so are these the only things I would need?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SACHS Performance Cover and Organic Plate[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OEM Slave / Release Bearing to use with above[/FONT]​