Weitec allen key

Scott

Reaction score
Anyone with Weitec coilovers know what size allen key I need to adjust the front height?

Thanks
Scott

I have 2 C spanners but I was under the impression the height is locked using an allen key with these coilovers - I wouldn't know for sure as I didn't fit them and I had them adjusted at a garage last week (needs to go a bit higher- rubbing with spacers), but I'm not too busy at work and thought I could do it in the underground car park tomorrow where it will be a decent temperature lol.

I have 2 C spanners but I was under the impression the height is locked using an allen key with these coilovers - I wouldn't know for sure as I didn't fit them and I had them adjusted at a garage last week (needs to go a bit higher- rubbing with spacers), but I'm not too busy at work and thought I could do it in the underground car park tomorrow where it will be a decent temperature lol.

Ok yes the bottom ring should have an allen bolt through it. Not sure what size though, sorry. Was just checking you had the spanners also!!

hi m8 if its the same as the ones i had on my ibiza it was a 3mm or 4mm i think.

o yea if u have the damper adjustable ones its the same as the one on top of the coilovers to adjust damper

Thanks mate, I never did get around to doing this but will bare that in mind when I get a chance. :)

not rly sure on the allen size m8, but how do you find the weitec's for performance and handeling as im looking at gettin some in the next few weeks and input will be great,

cheers chris

Can't fault them mate, haven't really experienced any other coilovers but definately an improvement over stock springs, I also fitted Eibach ARBs at the same time. Ride isn't harsh and not a lot " bumpier " (for lack of a better word) than oem, but car feels much more planted - honestly can't fault them, build quality seems top notch too! One thing I would say is the rear doesn't go very low compared to the front, but it's a good height for me and I've set the front to match. :icon_thumright:

awsome cheers mate, very help full, could you stick a pic of your car up showing how ur's is set? cheers chris

no probs happy to help. the 1 thing i did find with the weitecs was they are only locked by a grub screw which screws into plastic it is very very easy to overtighten so be carefull bud.

awsome cheers mate, very help full, could you stick a pic of your car up showing how ur's is set? cheers chris

Will do dude tomorrow if I remember, you'll have to excuse how dirty the car is though, unless the weather improves and I managed to give it a wash.

no probs happy to help. the 1 thing i did find with the weitecs was they are only locked by a grub screw which screws into plastic it is very very easy to overtighten so be carefull bud.

Thanks man will also bear that in mind, hope the garage that fitted & garage that adjusted later didn't overtighten then!!! eek!

Sorry dude it's been too dark, I will get you pics as soon as it's light I promise lol, problem is I leave car at train station 7am, get back 6pm.

Have a look here though: http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv56/scott1andrews/IMG_0269.jpg

This was before I fitted the spacers. Rear is as low as will go, but sits nicely now the spacers are on, which I'll take a pic of and show you.

Front was a lot lower than back on this pic, rubbed a little when taking tight turns quick eg. small roundabouts. It would go lower at the front than this. I've raised it up and fitted spacers to the front too, doesn't look any higher but sits nicer in the arch as I like the front and rear pretty much even. Still rubbing a bit though, probably worse than before, needs to go a tiny bit higher. Again will get pics of this soon!

I think it's a nice height, definately a good height if you're planning on 12mm rear spacers as I don't think you could really get away with or want to go much lower. It doesn't look that low in the pic due to the way that the photo is taken, but the car definately looks noticably lower from the back compared to other cars.

oh sweet mate that looks great, i'll defo be ordering a set soon, some pics from the side and front would be great if you can bud

cheers chris