Rear speakers not working

Red D

Reaction score
Hi,

Had my A3 about 12 months and had a bluetooth phonekit fitted not long after...

The rear speakers don't work (cant recall if they ever did). Theres no option on the car stereos menu settings to choose front/back levels (only left/right).

Is it likely the phone kit has done something to the rear speakers, or am I likely to be missing something obvious?

Cheers

Last edited:
Red D. Sorry mate guess not. My mistake - I should have read your post again.

no, its my mistake - think its actually a Chorus (Its too cold to go out and check!!). Its a 58 plate A3 sportback, bargain basement model if thats any help.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

The rear speakers could be for decoration only for all I know :think:

Chorus when standard order comes with no rear speakers. You get the covers but nothing is in there ! Bit of a con really. You can spec the extra speakers as an option I presume when new but most people if they wanted the higher spec would order the Concert model which then comes with rear speakers as standard. Concert also standard on higher spec models.

haha really? I never knew that. Must call all of a tenner for 6 metres of stereo cable and a couple of cheap speakers.

Its a company car, hence they got it as basic as could be (it is a chorus, Ive just checked). They'd have asked for wind down windows and a tape deck if Audi could have provided it.

It's not just the speakers and some cable. All audi HU's only have speaker outputs for the fronts. The rears are always separately amped and this is done via a small amp that fits inside a tupperware sub woofer behind the passenger side boot panel. So no rears = no sub either. That must sound shockingly bad.