Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pii View Post
    Convert2xenon Support emailed me the following:
    Dear Sir,
    These bulbs work an all vehicles except Audi A3, A4, A6 and A8 after 2005-.
    Unfortunately at the moment we do not have suitable product for your vehicle.

Very polite and truthful response so hats off to them. Thought I'd share this info to the time/money of other members.

Might have to take the plunge on te ebay route..... but 40 quid just seems a little pricey!
    This is where we got most of ours mate... quality product and no issues, touch wood

www.hq-auto-lighting.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by luke1987 View Post
    I might just solder a low ohm resistor in, can't do any harm I wouldn't have thought .
    I have 2W 150ohm in each side and working as expected with no errors
    A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

2. # ADS
    ADS

Enthusiast

Status
    I've got the LEDs but I'm really struggling to remove the numberplate light housings! Can't unscrew those screws on both sides. Any hints?

BTW I got them from http://www.hidconversions.co.uk/ , the guy was so nice he hand delivered them on Sunday! Thanks for the link V16!
    VCDS USER

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SAiLO View Post
    I've got the LEDs but I'm really struggling to remove the numberplate light housings! Can't unscrew those screws on both sides. Any hints?

BTW I got them from http://www.hidconversions.co.uk/ , the guy was so nice he hand delivered them on Sunday! Thanks for the link V16!
    They are quite stiff to release... this is what I used

A3 8P2 2.0TDI S-Line 170 SB | Brilliant Red | Full Leather | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | Light Interior Pack (Converted to LEDs) | Rear Parking Sensors | S3 Air Vents | S3 Mirrors - Stolen!| S3 Pedals |

Clutch, Gear, Gas, Gone!!

Status
    I did this conversion on my car and on a night drive last night both number plate lights went out, bringing the warning up on the dash.

I havent yet had a chance to take the lights out and look but anyone got any ideas as to why?

Cheers
    Karl
    A3 2.0TDI S-Line S/B - Stage 1 Remap, Full aftermarket sound system + Boot build

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    the best idea is when u eventually remove the screws swap them for a similar size with a different 'head' which is just easier to use with a screw driver.

i found the original screws where just cheap and easy to damage while removing.
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

Enthusiast

Status
    Job done!

VCDS USER

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by V16 View Post
    the best idea is when u eventually remove the screws swap them for a similar size with a different 'head' which is just easier to use with a screw driver.

i found the original screws where just cheap and easy to damage while removing.
    Before I go removing them, do you know what size these screws are, so I can buy some in advance??

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by maninthestreet View Post
    Before I go removing them, do you know what size these screws are, so I can buy some in advance??
    have no idea mate, if you take the screws out in the daytime then u can always nip to the shop and buy the screws, it's light until 9 so u won't have a problem driving without number plate lights lol.

I've parked my car down the road so i'll go n have a look later then let you know if you haven't removed the screws yet.
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

2nd Gear

Status
    Am I missing something? I ordered a set off of. Popular auction site , went to fit and the two bulbs are exactly the same, but the two OEM ones are dissimilar ? I messged the seller who said they only sell the one bulb and can I turn my holder around? I haven't had a chance to hav a look yet?

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gynads View Post
    Am I missing something? I ordered a set off of. Popular auction site , went to fit and the two bulbs are exactly the same, but the two OEM ones are dissimilar ? I messged the seller who said they only sell the one bulb and can I turn my holder around? I haven't had a chance to hav a look yet?
    i use these and there wicked 36mm is the right size but ive had no problems with these 38mm ones.........http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-LED-Numbe...item439e177bcf
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vw754 View Post
    i use these and there wicked 36mm is the right size but ive had no problems with these 38mm ones.........http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-LED-Numbe...item439e177bcf

spooky just ordered these not 20 mins ago!

2nd Gear

Status
    could someone take a pic of the new bulbs, in the holders showing the connectors please lads? i e-mailed the supplying company who said they only sell the one type? ill upload some pictures to explain............standby 5

Audi driver since Dec 08

Status
    I've just ordered a set too. 8.40 for a pair of bulbs including postage, can't complain
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gynads View Post
    could someone take a pic of the new bulbs, in the holders showing the connectors please lads? i e-mailed the supplying company who said they only sell the one type? ill upload some pictures to explain............standby 5
    as you can see, the two sets are different?

Last edited by gynads; 25th May 2010 at 09:32.

2nd Gear

Status
    excellent kit will look into these another nice little touch Sailo

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    http://hidconversions.co.uk/led-bulb...-upgrades.html

The 3rd one down is all you need. no problems so far, and they look great!
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi

Lost in music...

Status
    +1

I bought some of the number plate lights off HID conversions and they work well. Bit of a tight fit in the holder with the heat sink on, but you can remove that if you want & they look really good.

The 5W side lights also work well. Much brighter and loads cheaper than the PIAA ones I got off EBay.

4th Gear

Status
    those who have a 2004 year model can you post a link for these blubs that work on that year models please,

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    those who have a 2004 year model can you post a link for these blubs that work on that year models please,
    I got mine from ebay- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by r3stu View Post
    cheers buddy, guessing you have had no issues with these? you got any photos of them on your car mate?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    cheers buddy, guessing you have had no issues with these? you got any photos of them on your car mate?
    Nope no problems, got bulbs off that seller for the interior aswell, Next day delivery! Will get a picture tonight

4th Gear

Status
    cool mate thanks, little fed up with buying all these led bulbs soldering resistors and on mine at times they work some times they dont, so wanted to buy the bulbs that another member with a 2004 year model got them,
    look forward to photos mate,

4th Gear

Status
    are these the ones you ordered for the interior?
    map lights - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/T4W-233-BA9S-L...item2a057d8ef9

footwell lights - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/501-4051-158-L...item2a057de539

main light - cant find them

rear interor light - cant find them

the links i gave are those the ones you have and also if you could give me the 2 links which i cant find would be great mate,

3rd Gear

Status
    Had a go at installing LEDs but got a 'bulb out' on the dash so had to remove them.

Put the same bulbs into my Brother-In-Laws recently acquired 2007 A3 S-LINE 140 TDi, no problems.

Anyone recommend working LEDs for a MY10 2009 S3?

Thanks in advance, KKP
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kkp0897 View Post
    Had a go at installing LEDs but got a 'bulb out' on the dash so had to remove them.

Put the same bulbs into my Brother-In-Laws recently acquired 2007 A3 S-LINE 140 TDi, no problems.

Anyone recommend working LEDs for a MY10 2009 S3?

Thanks in advance, KKP
    Did you use a resistor mate?
    Audi A3 2.0TFSI S Line SE DSG

JMB Retrofits - North East Retrofit Company

3rd Gear

Status
    No, on the package it mentioned can-bus error handling \ built-in resistant etc. Must admit they were a tad hot when we pulled them out so they must be dissipating the heat.

My search continues..

KKP
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123