Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: S3 to A5 cab!!

Strider

Status

S3 to A5 cab!!

Just been given an 59 plate 2.0T A5 as a loan car while my S3 is in for servicing and oh my god-it's terrible on the snow and ice. I was stranded at a junction just trying to move off as the wheels just couldn't/wouldn't grip!!
    Turned ESP on and off-no help. Flipping puntos and fiestas were having no probs pulling off from the same junction!!
    I know its FWD and all but still it's kinda embarrasing and a little ironic that a brand whose heritage and reputation was based on rally driving behaves like this!!
    On the way back from the same trip again at really low speed (~5mph) I nearly dinked the car into a wall with the wheels fully locked up!!!
    Quattro all the way!!
    ps the A5s lovely inside

Set of Genuine Titanium look RS4 style 18" wheels for sale-excellent condition. PM me!!

Bluefinned-all possible options apart from folding mirrors. Handling mods to come!!
    A3 2.0tdi 170 Quattro S-line. Bluefinned-GONE!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

automatic

Status
    Audi don't give a crap about their heritage unless it's for advertising

I wouldn't consider another Audi unless it's quattro
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

1st Gear

Status
    That is good news as its only for a short period that you have this car, I seen an A6 struggling to go up a hill on the weekend, it was just spinning, and then I looked at him and put my foot down and low and behold my car went up straight away! QUATTROOOOO all the way!!!!!!
    Audi A3 (2005) 2.0 TDI Sport Quattro (140/ST3) 8P2
    RNS-E (2009 Map) & Cruise Control Installed!

6th Gear

Status
    You havent been in any BMW's recently? The fact they are useless in weather like this doesnt seem to be slowing their sales down, they bring joy!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    You havent been in any BMW's recently? The fact they are useless in weather like this doesnt seem to be slowing their sales down, they bring joy!
    In many cases, the car is much less useless than the driver...any car!

And yep, it's been like a skating rink over here the last week; haven't got stuck yet I won't take all the credit, a gentle right foot and winter tyres are doing me just fine*

*got a 25 kilo bag of salt and a little shovel in the boot, jessincase
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by panamadi View Post
    Just been given an 59 plate 2.0T A5 as a loan car while my S3 is in for servicing and oh my god-it's terrible on the snow and ice. I was stranded at a junction just trying to move off as the wheels just couldn't/wouldn't grip!!
    Turned ESP on and off-no help. Flipping puntos and fiestas were having no probs pulling off from the same junction!!
    I know its FWD and all but still it's kinda embarrasing and a little ironic that a brand whose heritage and reputation was based on rally driving behaves like this!!
    On the way back from the same trip again at really low speed (~5mph) I nearly dinked the car into a wall with the wheels fully locked up!!!
    Quattro all the way!!
    ps the A5s lovely inside
    I feel your pain mate, I know EXACTLY that problem! Could have done with my S3 arriving a couple of weeks earlier and get rid of my A5, bloody FWD!!

....and to top it all off you can't even use the handbrake on them to get you out of a sticky spot either!
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com