3.2 Engine Management Light

matzxr

Reaction score
****** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets hope it gets diagnosed correctly 1st time !!!!!

Light reset , no issues :o.k:
Well happy , thought it was gonna be expensive !!!!
It had a couple of error codes , one being "Glow Plug Warning" !!!!! ??????
Wierd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strange one to say the least !!!!!!!!!!

Well , light has come on a couple more times , went back to my local garage first , they couldn't find anything wrong and suggested taking it to main dealer , Audi said it "could" be the cam chain sensor , they reset it , checked it and said it was ok and keep my eye on it . 3mls later , it's back on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now they say it needs cam chain / tensioners & rollers - £2300 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sadlike:

just had mine done parts came in at £850... the problem will only get worse and its best to get it done or sell the car while you have the chance.

Something odd here....Cam chain is engine out. I know..Audi have mine at the moment so think £5k +

Also Mat...mine has just had new Cam sprockets ( chain was fine) and tensioner etc and the light came straight back on the next day. Tensioner and sprockets fitted was £4300. Audi have had the car 3 weeks now and still cant find the fault..

Huddersfield Audi quoted me £2200 for the chain doing, that included engine out etc. but not all of the other bits and bobs i.e. vvt's bottom chain etc.
It was eventually done by Harrogate Audi for £3300 but that included absolutely everything except the sensors which were already new.
Dealers are quick to say "chains" though when they don't know the actual cause so tread carefully.

Yes I think alot of chains are replaced for no reason!