Rear window wiper not working

Rosario7

A3 2.0 Tdi Sportback
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
yesterday while de-icing my car, the rear window wiper suddenly stoppped working. i've checked the fuse and its still intact, so i left it for a while in case it had frozen but still nothing. Is this a common fault?? is there anything else i can check before considering a new motor?
Thanks

sorry to hear that mate, a quick question, my back wiper is working, but the water doesn't seem to come out anymore once it was finished, i've top the water level up and the front wiper squirts fine, but the back one doesn't.

Any advice/hints/tips???

a sagad Its probably the jetta holes are clogged up, have u tried unblocking the holes witha needle? u can purchase the actually piece for next to nothing i changed mine not so long ago.
ok, thanks for my reply smudge dog, now, does anybody know how much a new motor is??

Hey,

Mine did the same last week when it was really cold. It then started working again when the weather got slightly warmer. Then this morning with the car covered in snow it stopped working again. About 30min later on the way to work I tried it to see if it would start to work and it started to wipe but only got 1/3 of the way and stopped again. Not sure what it will be but just seems a bit odd that its only not working in the very cold weather.

By the way, first time posting but been following this forum for a while and its great.

Thanks guys.

Thats pretty much whjat happend to mine Nylon39.
But, i have just finished speaking to a friend who works at audi and he advised me to check the connection first and see if they are all tight and secondly he advised that the wire breaks on the near side loome on the hinge. ill check it out tonight and let u know the outcome.

sorry to hear that mate, a quick question, my back wiper is working, but the water doesn't seem to come out anymore once it was finished, i've top the water level up and the front wiper squirts fine, but the back one doesn't.

Any advice/hints/tips???

also check if the water is dripping out of the tailgate etc. The pipes have been known to pop off due to frost. When you use the washers it just runs out the end of the pipe, often into the tailgate area.

Thats pretty much whjat happend to mine Nylon39.
But, i have just finished speaking to a friend who works at audi and he advised me to check the connection first and see if they are all tight and secondly he advised that the wire breaks on the near side loome on the hinge. ill check it out tonight and let u know the outcome.

Did you find out what the issue was? Mine has stopped working today

Usually a water leak from a split washer pipe causes corrosion in the wiper motor.

The motor or jets aren't working (no noise). So I think it's either a fuse or connector with mine. I'll see tonight when I find the fuse box, where ever it is.

Hi they have a common fault due to the washer jet running through the middle of the motor arm,they leak into the motor and this causes them to stop working,had the same problem was intermitent first off all and I thought it was wiring but when I removed the wiper motor it had rusted up inside due to the washer jet water running through the middle of the arm...hope this helps...

Reactions: bigpupcooper