EM TuningVolks Autos
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    S3Sport_Guy's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    55

    Newbie with a few questions......:-)

    Hi

    As of Tuesday just gone I am now the happy owner of a new S3 Sportback S-Tronic in Sprint Blue with privacy glass

    Came from a Nissan 350z (owned all 3 facelift versions from 276ps to 313ps at one time or another) so it was a tough choice for me to make the move from RWD to Quattro and also faced the dilemma of stick-shift or S-Tronic - im happy so far

    Im even more happy with the timing as far as the weather is concerned - did not take a lot of snow to get the Z snowed in

    Im into my mods but will have to wait for the 3-4k mark before I start that again

    So, lets get down to business - a few questions if you dont mind answering which I never really found the answers on in the threads I checked. Doing a remap on the S3 Sportback - is the S-Tronic gearbox up to it or does that need a reflash? Will the remap increase the available torque curve up to atleast 6k RPM? Lastly, I know the S3 only has a 60 ltr tank, but the petrol gauge needle moves in the wrong direction even for my liking Im starting to think that the claimed 33mpg combined is optimistic? Oh, also, Shell 99RON Optimax - any benefits using it - no lambda sensor issues?

    Thanks - looking forward to being involved in the forum-looks like a great site

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,110

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Hi & Welcome.

    What mods you got planned? S-Tronic software does not only benefit from lifting the torque to 500nm (iirc ) but also makes the car fully manual in paddle mode and will bounce off limiter! Please please run it on V-Power only . Any more questions give us a shout.

    N8


    "Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

    Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

  4. #3
    S3Sport_Guy's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Hi & Welcome.

    What mods you got planned? S-Tronic software does not only benefit from lifting the torque to 500nm (iirc ) but also makes the car fully manual in paddle mode and will bounce off limiter! Please please run it on V-Power only . Any more questions give us a shout.

    N8
    Thanks N8,

    Well knowing what an improvement of replacing OEM cats with Hi-flo cats and sticking a decent exhaust on a 350z does I will go down this road first then do a remap Milltek seems to be zorst of choice around here?

    Yep-meant v-power-devil's own juice Would have stuck Tescoe 99ron in it if I had not read the manual about bio ethanol fuel

    Good news about bouncing off the rev limiter with reflash

    The question about torque was aimed at the fact that max. torque is only available between 2.5k and 5k rpm - could you clarify whether a remap would pusk max availability up to 6krpm at least>

    Cheers

  5. #4
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,110

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Sport_Guy View Post
    Thanks N8,

    Well knowing what an improvement of replacing OEM cats with Hi-flo cats and sticking a decent exhaust on a 350z does I will go down this road first then do a remap Milltek seems to be zorst of choice around here?

    Yep-meant v-power-devil's own juice Would have stuck Tescoe 99ron in it if I had not read the manual about bio ethanol fuel

    Good news about bouncing off the rev limiter with reflash

    The question about torque was aimed at the fact that max. torque is only available between 2.5k and 5k rpm - could you clarify whether a remap would pusk max availability up to 6krpm at least>

    Cheers
    Yeh Milltek is the best in terms of quality/looks and gains. I would have gone for Milltek on mine but they didn't do one for the 2.0TDI Sportback so I had to go custom. You want to go turboback with sports cat or decat, depending on what noise you want. All you need is full milltek, an intake and then a shark performance remap and your looking at 350bhp my son. The power will then be available ALL across the rev range trust me, you'll love it


    "Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

    Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

  6. #5
    S3Sport_Guy's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Yeh Milltek is the best in terms of quality/looks and gains. I would have gone for Milltek on mine but they didn't do one for the 2.0TDI Sportback so I had to go custom. You want to go turboback with sports cat or decat, depending on what noise you want. All you need is full milltek, an intake and then a shark performance remap and your looking at 350bhp my son. The power will then be available ALL across the rev range trust me, you'll love it
    Cheers for that:-)

    Can the 2ltr engine take that sort of power without having to do any mods on internals? Mind, the Subaru 2ltr boxer engine can take 400+ bhp over standard 325bhp

  7. #6
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,148
    Welcome to the forum! You have good taste in cars sir

    I run Shell 99 all the time along with most S3 drivers. I think the fuel tank on 8Ps are 55 litres aren't they?
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  8. #7
    S3Sport_Guy's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    Welcome to the forum! You have good taste in cars sir

    I run Shell 99 all the time along with most S3 drivers. I think the fuel tank on 8Ps are 55 litres aren't they?

    Thanks

    ....I thought the tank was a 60ltr?

  9. #8
    Staz's Avatar
    is a retronaut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bristol (mostly)
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Sport_Guy View Post
    Thanks

    ....I thought the tank was a 60ltr?
    Yeah you're right mate. Dunno why but I always thought it was 55
    8P2 S3

    For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

  10. #9
    V6Pete's Avatar
    Now running on Bentley's y'all

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Yeh Milltek is the best in terms of quality/looks and gains.
    I'd disagree and take a Blueflame over a Milltek any day of the week.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

    Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

  11. #10
    paddy's Avatar
    Audi=No fault code, no idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,135
    I'm with Pete on this one.....Milltek and quality in the same sentence ? you sure?

  12. #11
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Sport_Guy View Post
    Hi

    As of Tuesday just gone I am now the happy owner of a new S3 Sportback S-Tronic in Sprint Blue with privacy glass

    Came from a Nissan 350z (owned all 3 facelift versions from 276ps to 313ps at one time or another) so it was a tough choice for me to make the move from RWD to Quattro and also faced the dilemma of stick-shift or S-Tronic - im happy so far

    Im even more happy with the timing as far as the weather is concerned - did not take a lot of snow to get the Z snowed in

    Im into my mods but will have to wait for the 3-4k mark before I start that again

    So, lets get down to business - a few questions if you dont mind answering which I never really found the answers on in the threads I checked. Doing a remap on the S3 Sportback - is the S-Tronic gearbox up to it or does that need a reflash? Will the remap increase the available torque curve up to atleast 6k RPM? Lastly, I know the S3 only has a 60 ltr tank, but the petrol gauge needle moves in the wrong direction even for my liking Im starting to think that the claimed 33mpg combined is optimistic? Oh, also, Shell 99RON Optimax - any benefits using it - no lambda sensor issues?

    Thanks - looking forward to being involved in the forum-looks like a great site


    hey, I also drive a 06 350z and probably will be getting my s3sb some time later today (or hopefully before xmas), any quick views how the two cars drive differently? I know its not fair to compare, but it ain't something that happens everyday to meet someone having the exact same car choices at the same time

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO