About to order a new S3 !! open sky ???

summy25

Reaction score
Hey ! this is my first posting on this forum !
I just ordered an new S3 !! cant wait delivery is expected to be early march 2010 -

S3 black edition 3 door in black

with -

dvd sat nav technology pack
interior light pack
(bose is standard)
(privacy glass as standard)
Gloss black inlays
bluetooth
ipod connection
tyre pressure monitor
light and rain sensor pack
Electric folding wing mirrors
electric seats
cruse control

But here is the question shall I push the boat out and get the open sky system ???

would you do it?

I think it would look amazing BUT will the cabin be noisier ?
have read that it can rattle ???? any views on it?

what do you think opinions appreciated!! and why is there no pictures or a 3 door S3 with a open sky system on the web??

Thanks!

they look great, but bucket seats are a tad "over the top" and not easy to get in and out of!

open sky is an option on the 3 door as/s3

they look great, but bucket seats are a tad "over the top" and not easy to get in and out of!

open sky is an option on the 3 door as/s3

True but your buying a three door car if you wanted practicality surely you would be getting a A6 avant? Get the bucket seats they look the absolute nuts!

Really, i could of sworn blind it was Sportback only for the open sky and just a normal small sunroof for the 3 door.

I've not got a clue if its 3 or 5 door only, but I've got it on my 5 door. I really like it as it looks good (mine is a white car), and makes the inside feel a bit more spacious. Only the front panel moves though so its just about getting more natural light in the car.

As above open sky is only sportback. Sunroof is a 3dr option which i have and its great

Yep it's sunroof for 3DR or panaramic sunroof for SB :yes:

I have the sunroof too and I like it very much!

I must admit I thought the open sky option was for only the sportsback model BUT if you go onto the audi website and download the latest brochure it is an option and my local dealer has confirmed it is available!!

another question will I change the piano black inlays back to brushed aluminium ????

I must admit I thought the open sky option was for only the sportsback model BUT if you go onto the audi website and download the latest brochure it is an option and my local dealer has confirmed it is available!!

Weird. It's not on their configurator though.

Everyone says this but mine look great. Aluminium looks a bit cheesy IMHO

Never been a fan of the piano inlays TBH. The brushed aluminium looks classy :yes:

Just been off the phone to Audi and you CANNOT get open sky on a 3 door !! ah well so a sunroof it is then!!

Black inlays look so good tho - deff swap for brushed aluminium???

only you can really decide i just feel the alu breaks up the black in the car

Hi and Welcome. Sounds like a very nice S3 youve got on order and I am very jelous BUT you have to get the Bucket seats! Its rude not too!

I tryed changing my inlays to the brushed aluminium and audi say that the black edition must have the black wheels and the black trim.

I tryed changing my inlays to the brushed aluminium and audi say that the black edition must have the black wheels and the black trim.

Thats were you tell them..."Its my car im buying i change what i wish dont I"

The piano inlays do look "cheap" and the buckets are gripping, you need them with the S3's power, well defo with 360bhp Stage 2 + power, need all the strapping in you can get :lmfao:

The dealer said the order came back from audi stating that the black ed's must have the wheels and trim, my dad had the black inlays in his A3 sport. I personally thought they weren't as nice as the brushed aluminium that my brothers S3 had but if they have to come with the black its not goin to put me off my car and make me think the trim looks "cheap" !

Strange as i believe Rico changed his to the alu ones on his black edition order through aberdeen audi

As Si said, I've changed my piano inlays to brushed aluminium on my S3 BE. I've had many courtesy cars with the piano, feel and look cheap IMO, not to mention the finger marks.

I checked the new brochure and questioned my order on changing the inlays. The delear had to call audi Germany as their order system couldn't spec the inlay change. Got it done though, have copy of order, no come back so far. If it doesn't happen then not chuffed, as it's a change option in the brochure.

Just to add my tuppence worth, buckets = serious WIN.

I had the same dilemma myself - did not get the sun roof in the end because I figured the extra weight (glass / motors etc) would make the car a bit top heavy = more roll:)

Page 38 of new A3/S3 brochure valid from December 2009.

Not standard, but available as a no cost option:
inlay1.jpg

inlay2.jpg

Thanks for that! yea will deffo try and change the piono black inserts for brushed aluminium!!!

Not sold on bucket seats - the reason I have bought an S3 is because it is a "wolf in sheeps clothing" think the bucket seats go against that and also the sides would wear very quickly (no im not fat!!) standard seats are nice enough!!! also the bucket seats are a bit OTT bearing in mind I am 36 years old!! now if I was ten years younger......deffo!

Not sold on bucket seats - the reason I have bought an S3 is because it is a "wolf in sheeps clothing" think the bucket seats go against that and also the sides would wear very quickly (no im not fat!!) standard seats are nice enough!!! also the bucket seats are a bit OTT bearing in mind I am 36 years old!! now if I was ten years younger......deffo!

Alot of people in their 50's drive RS4 with buckets, so don't gimme that crap :p Buckets are amazing, go out in one with them.....:wub: