JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Eibach Pro Kit - Front springs only - Opinions Please

Hi,

As many of yous will already know the springs Eibach supply for the S3 are the Pro Kit, these are front springs only which are a 20mm drop.

I would like to know your personal opinion having two different types of springs on the car?

Would this affect the handling of the car in anyway?

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/eibach-20mm-pro-lowering-suspension-springsbr-s3-8p-20t-fsi-quattro-1106-p-5174.html

Thanks, Gary

2. # ADS
    ADS

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Eibach know what they're doing, so if they only bothered making front springs, there has to be a reason.

Eibach are knowing for making kits that hardly drop at the rear, but this is a first for them I think, to not even bother lowering the rear a few mm...

Having said that, I would rather fit a full set!
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Neutral

Status
    i was gong to get this but im in 2 minds with h&r 25mm all round its too much drop??

5th Gear

Status
    H&R 25mm drop is perfect

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

Phantom black S3/

Status
    Before I had my KV V3 fitted I had the Eibach kit with the front springs only, and the car was much better, when was ordering the springs I too had the same dilemma between H&R and Eibach, and had a talk with one of tzhe engeneers from Eibach and he said that after testing various setups and everything they concluded that lowering the front for 25mm was the best setup so I decided to go with Eibach even dough the price of the Eibach and H&R was the same. P.S. I have them for sale if you want...very good price...
    Phantom Black S3/ APR stg 2+ / Forge CAI / APR HPFP / Miltek TBE / Forge DV / Forge Catch Tank / Forge T. body / VF Engine mounts / ECS EM / KW V3 / 19" BBS CH "Black" / 18" Team Dynamics Motorsort / Denso Iridium IK24 / Forge Twincooler / Helix Race Clutch + Flywheel / H&R ARBs / JVC Multimedia + TV Tuner / Kicker sound system over 3,000W RMS / TT-RS Steering wheel / Whiteline Anti-lift kit / Brembo Porsche GT2 BBK / soon: RECARO POLE POSITION SEATS,

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
    Before I had my KV V3 fitted I had the Eibach kit with the front springs only, and the car was much better, when was ordering the springs I too had the same dilemma between H&R and Eibach, and had a talk with one of tzhe engeneers from Eibach and he said that after testing various setups and everything they concluded that lowering the front for 25mm was the best setup so I decided to go with Eibach even dough the price of the Eibach and H&R was the same. P.S. I have them for sale if you want...very good price...
    ill have them pm me price and tel number...

Neutral

Status
    eibach front springs only

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for that guys, that settles my mind seeing a photo of the car.