Problem fitting Ashtray Delete- HELP!

karbonk

Living a little!
Reaction score
As Above,

I ordered the part but seems to be too wide. Am I doing something wrong?

Its as if it tucks under the side plastic to make flush but cant see there beeing enough room, am I to cut the sides off?

I have tried getting the side plastic trim off ( triangle handle trim) but cant seem to get it off, I have unbolted the 2x bolts where is the other?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
You need to remove the grab handles mate. You'll find a bolt on each towards the front under the console, a bolt at the rear under the gear stick gaiter and then a bolt at the apex of the handle at the top.

Once the handles are off the tray pops in and the handles go back on making a nice flush fit.

You shouldn't need to remove the grab handles, (well i didn't when i fitted mine) the side bit should just push in.

:blink: no chance! The grab handle overlaps the top of the tray!

Yep had to take the grab handles off screw under console, very very awkward!! Lost the bleeding screw and bit, went down the back and gonna have to take the whole centre console out tomorrow as run out of time and is a bigish job, need the car to get to work at 1pm. :banghead:

Thanks all, made it so much easier.

Just a quickie, how much did the part cost? Think I'd like to do this too.

indeed it is and grab handles deffo need to come out, its all a bit fiddily but works fine in the end, i love the extra space

Cheers, got a contact there and I can get the rubber dimple tray thing for relatively cheap but they said I need loads of other bits of trim, sent me the full diagram, couldn't figure it out. I only want some place to stash my phone!!!

What's the verdict, 1 part sub £10 or loads of little bits coming to +£50??

Cheers.

Cheers, got a contact there and I can get the rubber dimple tray thing for relatively cheap but they said I need loads of other bits of trim, sent me the full diagram, couldn't figure it out. I only want some place to stash my phone!!!

What's the verdict, 1 part sub £10 or loads of little bits coming to +£50??

Cheers.

All you need is the 1 Part. Part Number is on here somewhere.

Does anyone got the part number for this small trim? I would like to do the ashtray delete myself, since i`m not smoking -at least in the car :)- and i need a place to put my junk!!

Cheers

East kilbride? Not too far from me. You could get 10% of at Stoke IIRC being a sponsorer but by the time you factor in delivery on something circ £10 it might be worth a visit to your local dealer - the other half can visit Braehead while your there LOL

If this is fitted with the brushed silver trim, is the tray still black?

Sorry if this is a silly question!

The other parts would be the trims that go above the rubber storage part, that fix to the underside of the climate control, there's a trim or 2 & also they tend to have the led strip that goes under there aswell to light the area up if you have the interior light pack, you dont need this lot, but I personally think it finished it all of nicely & those handles 100% have to come out to fit incase you are thinking of a quick fix. :)

If this is fitted with the brushed silver trim, is the tray still black?

Sorry if this is a silly question!

Well if you think a silver tray looks good then I'll supply & spray it for yer, (nottttt), lol, nah mate the rubberish tray is black. :)

NHN do we have also these parts? I mean the led stripe that is fixed under the climate unit. It would be nice to complete the interior light pack, since i already did the doors and the map lights.

A while ago i found a guide in a german forum , but i cant seem to locate it again!

Resurrecting an pld thread, having the same problem, don't seem to be able to find/undo the third bolt on the grab handle, have undone the one by the gearstick and the torq one at the apex of the handle, just can't get to where the third will be, what trim needs removing?

Any help much appreciated as the car is currently in bits!