I hate ice :@

david_phillips95

Reaction score
Finished work at 11pm, managed to take the 15 minute drive home safely turn into my street and the car decides not to head for my house but instead my neighbours curb :mad: my whole street is currently covered with black ice, so angry. Wheel is pretty badly marked but could have been worse e.g. parked car, tree etc just a post to keep everyone extra vidulant for ice.

Davie

Gutted mate! Where are you from? I want cold weather, so i can feel christmasy. I guess one benefit of living so close to the town centre is that it rarely ever gets too cold though.

Hope the wheel damage isn't too bad

Didn't the same thing happen last year? Or was that a different Dave?
nope not me thankfully, hopefully this doesnt happen again

Gutted mate! Where are you from? I want cold weather, so i can feel christmasy. I guess one benefit of living so close to the town centre is that it rarely ever gets too cold though.

Hope the wheel damage isn't too bad

Scotland 20mins from Glasgow, Its been below 0C nearly every night for the past few weeks, my street has been fine during these cold spells but after speaking to my dad he informed me it rained earlier tonight so once it the frost came in the street has transformed into a ice rink :mad:

Think its about time i got the wheels powder coated, they have a few marks here and there. Quite liked the idea of anthracite as i think it would look good against the orange. Any opinions?

Oh well, at least it hasn't happened to you twice like I thought it had!

I want cold weather, so i can feel christmasy. I guess one benefit of living so close to the town centre is that it rarely ever gets too cold though.

Huh? You think West Yorkshire is particularly warm at the moment? Which part of Antarctica are you originally from?

Think i have damaged something :( driving to work today and when im on smooth parts of the road you can feel vibration, im thinking i have maybe buckled the wheel or the wheel bearing is damaged?? Dont know what else it could be anyone got any ideas??

Davie

I guess you could have damaged something (I don't know) but maybe you've knocked a weight off or the damage to the wheel has sent the balancing off. At least it was only one wheel. I did 2 avoiding a bus!

But to answer your previous question, YES, anthracite would look good!

Bummer! Glad you didnt catch the front bumper etc. Housing estates can be a nightmare as the gritter doesnt go in the smaller ones, my mate used to have an icerink too.

At the very worst the wheel could be buckled but I'm guessing its probably needing balanced too, plus check the tyre pressure as you may have knocked some air out of it.

Sorry to hear that Dave its not fine, I did it a few years ago in my mk6 fiesta and had the light vibrations turned out the bearing was screwed. May be worthwhile getting it looked at

get the wheel checked and you could have done the bearing, track rod end may be out of alignment so just it check mate.

Sorry to hear

I guess you could have damaged something (I don't know) but maybe you've knocked a weight off or the damage to the wheel has sent the balancing off. At least it was only one wheel. I did 2 avoiding a bus!

But to answer your previous question, YES, anthracite would look good!

turns out i done both my wheels, wasnt till this morning when it was light i noticed the back was all scuffed, everything happened so fast i didnt realise i had hit my rear wheel to. i do vaguely remember it going sideways after hitting the front. If the front wheel isnt damaged ill get it booked in for anthracite :)

Bummer! Glad you didnt catch the front bumper etc. Housing estates can be a nightmare as the gritter doesnt go in the smaller ones, my mate used to have an icerink too.

At the very worst the wheel could be buckled but I'm guessing its probably needing balanced too, plus check the tyre pressure as you may have knocked some air out of it.

Sorry to hear that Dave its not fine, I did it a few years ago in my mk6 fiesta and had the light vibrations turned out the bearing was screwed. May be worthwhile getting it looked at

get the wheel checked and you could have done the bearing, track rod end may be out of alignment so just it check mate.

Sorry to hear

Ill give the pressures a check 2morro, think booking the car into audi is the best bet, if i get a chance 2morro ill jack the car up and have a look, i noticed while coming home tonight the noise/vibration gets worse the faster you go also when cornering?? the steering just doesnt feel right.

Cheers for the helpfull replies :thumbsup:

Still to jack the car up and take a look, i suspect a buckled wheel or wheel bearing mine vibrates all the time, not as severe but similar to running over rumble strips on a motorway lol

sorry to hear mate, just done mine this morning! turning out of my street (a tight right) the car decided to start spinning. hit the kerb side-on, luckily i was barely moving, still made a nasty noise, think i only kerbed the alloys.