Quick question

chris1988brown

Reaction score
hi guys just a quckie, im gettin a remap, green coton filter, n dpf delete pipe plus miltek cat back on 9th of jan, just wonderin with the dpf delete pipe fitted how much is the car gonna smoke as atm it doesnt at all, n if it is gonna smoke how bad?

cheers chris

Ive got this done on my car, and it does smoke but only when you hammer it higher up the rev range (3000 onwards) but its not an offensive amount just a light haze. The transformation is worth it tho!

awsome cheers m8, u wudnt happen to have a vids pf the exhaust sound wud ya? also what was the exact hp n tourque result you got? cheers chris

i havnt taken any as yet but this is a 140 with the same exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1JnQlRoMmw

and with regards to power gains i was told it would be anywhere between 220 and 240bhp and about 310 - 340 ft/lbs of torque compared to the 250ft/lbs standard i reckon with the filter and exhaust it would be up at the higher end of the scale but i plan on getting it on a RR in the new year.

Hope this helps abit

is that woth regards to the smoke or noise?

i wouldnt say the noise would be a problem however im not sure about the smoke side of it tbh, my MOT isnt due until 2011 so who knows what kind of new legislations will be in place then :/

cheers for tha m8, mine is actualy gettin a b4 and after rr when im there so i'll stick the graphs up on ere once done cant wait:)

as for mots, it wont fail mot on emissions as diesels dont do emission tests and only do a smoke test, but for it to fail this it would have to be very think black smoke

yeah thats what i was thinkin, its not a thick smoke at all, would be intrested to see what power you get because my car has got exactly the same mods.

cool m8 i'll b sure to let u no how i get on, mine is also dsg btw, how do u find the col overs? whats the ride like? have u got a pic of ur car how its sat? also if u dnt mind me askin how much were they n were from

cheers chris

i do have pictures but i dont know how to show them?! :unsure:

i paid £400 but they were second hand and £200 fitted, they certainly make the car feel more solid but the rear suspension is very hard, but im not gunna complain considering they are bilsteins and retail at just ove 1K

sweet m8, if you upload up pics onto photobucket then copy the img code into ur post it will show in ur post

ahh cool, well ill see about doing that tomo, get some good pics of the stance. and post um up