A3 Meet - 31st January - Lakeside, Thurrock, Essex (M25 J30 /31)

beanoir

Large Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is an 8P / A3 meet(s), you know the kind, meet up on a Sunday afternoon or weekeday summer evening at a pub somewhere, obviously for me in the South East, but I haven't seen any chat of one anywhere on the forum.

I had a quick peep on the "Meets" section of the site but there doesn't seem to be much activity there, can I assume it's not a popular thing to do on this forum?

i'm actually quite surprised that nobody has even responded, I thought a lot more people would be up for arranging a meet.

or perhaps it's just me....

Always nice to meet other members, see cars, mods, exchange thoughts/experiences/ideas etc......

would be good to see more meets, coming from scotland i wouldnt imagine there are as many 8P owners vs england.

Meets on this site seem few and far between. You may have found the Reading VAG meet thread I posted a while back which no one responded too.

ADI was a poor show from 8P too. There was only Matt Andrew, Benskin, Mac and myself there! When you consider that there were 40 odd cars that's pretty pants.

I'm up for an 8P meet down this way any time :hi:

Oooo yeaaaaaah for sure!

So where are you thinking Beanoir? Something for after Christmas would be good.

Defo would like some more meets, my other forum has one at Bluewater every month

Always good to catch up with people, meet newbies and stuff :)

Id love to go to a meet in the north west... i see loads of Audi's round my way, one of them must be someone on here!

ADI was a poor show from 8P too. There was only Matt Andrew, Benskin, Mac and myself there! When you consider that there were 40 odd cars that's pretty pants.

Was I ???????? :think: I dont remember, I was in Portugal at the time, must have been my double.

Your thinking of Edition 38 Leon

As others have said it would be good to have more meets

im looking forward to audis in the park next year, will be good to meet up with some like minded people. Will there be a forum/club stand?

Its been a while since I've been to any meets, the're certainly less members up here in Scotland and in the past its often the case of people struggling to arrange a date when everybody is free and where to meet.

Am I right in saying thay your in Killie or is it East kilbride David?

Its been a while since I've been to any meets, the're certainly less members up here in Scotland and in the past its often the case of people struggling to arrange a date when everybody is free and where to meet.

I will be up the road over Christmas, probably at Mauchline some point too. See you for doughnuts round Killie Asda carpark?! :huh::laugh:

LOL, is my car looking like a Corsa????

Mauchline?? Do they still play banjos on the front poarch there LOL

A meet would be great. As dave_phillips95 says, there are a load of S3 owners from Scotland. Unfortunately, coming from far up North does add up the miles, so would need to be worthwhile.

A3Simon is looking to arrange an RR day in Fyfe when he's back from abroad after April next year - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=85071 Maybe some of our southern cousins might be interested as well?

Edit - sorry all, having read Simon's RR thread again, it looks like it's off. There is some chat about a meet/RR in Aberdeen, but that might be a bit too far in the other direction for some now.

Still, be good to try and arrange something, some great cars and nice folk out there it seems. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

LOL, nah never. Can just imagine the look on the faces of the Corsa massiv' though. :scared2:

As for Burns' toon, that is the outlaw's patch. But you are right mate, population 4000, surnames 4. :ninja:

Noob question, where is audi's in the park held?

Im up for this next year..

I'm up for a meet, but only if N8 brings his DA and a selection of detailing products to do my car :) :undwech:

wow, well I was hoping something South East, I'm Essex way so I obviously don't mind driving somewhere, but I dont know where everybody else is based, which makes it difficult to suggest a location, so if you're up for it then lets put some pins on the map so to speak and then find the midway point?

In terms of timing, i'd obviously like to be there in the S3, which arrives 11th Jan, so to give people a chance to plan ahead too, how about end of Jan?

wow, well I was hoping something South East, I'm Essex way so I obviously don't mind driving somewhere, but I dont know where everybody else is based, which makes it difficult to suggest a location, so if you're up for it then lets put some pins on the map so to speak and then find the midway point?

In terms of timing, i'd obviously like to be there in the S3, which arrives 11th Jan, so to give people a chance to plan ahead too, how about end of Jan?

I wouldn't be there as I'm NW/Midlands - but Jan is a bit cold and unpredicable so you probably wouldn't have a great turn out. Honestly, get yourself to Audis in the Park, it's really good. (or wait til summer and try again)

We had a North East mini-meet a few weeks back (Auldreekie was there), but it was organised through another site.

Beware, its a dangerous way of getting exposed to other peoples mods. Cost me a set of ****** H&R springs it did

"Thats sits nice, what are those springs mate?"

"H&Rs"

"Any good then?"

"Yeah, take it for spin"

"Wow those make a difference!"

(Calls Awesome 2 weeks later.......:banghead:)

We had a North East mini-meet a few weeks back (Auldreekie was there), but it was organised through another site.

Beware, its a dangerous way of getting exposed to other peoples mods. Cost me a set of ****** H&R springs it did

"Thats sits nice, what are those springs mate?"

"H&Rs"

"Any good then?"

"Yeah, take it for spin"

"Wow those make a difference!"

(Calls Awesome 2 weeks later.......:banghead:)

This forum has cost me ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ since I joined, all worth it though :wub:

kinda like a more personal version of this site then LOL.

Time of year matters depending on type of meet. If going for a drive, avoid Scotland to well after April LOL. I went for a run with few peeps a good few years ago and we all wreaked the front of our cars with road salt/gravel off of the roads. Was a sorry sight!

I popped up a couple of links to meets ive organised with SCN (Rolling Road day & a BBQ Camping meet) but there has never been any interest from here.

Im not to far from you by the sounds of it so count me in if you put anything together.

Sunny Killie Mate :) We should try and get something organised after xmas :)

I will be up the road over Christmas, probably at Mauchline some point too. See you for doughnuts round Killie Asda carpark?! :huh::laugh:

Would have more space in the new Tesco car park :laugh:

Banjos :laugh: Chase you out with pitch forks ha

i will keep a eye out so i can take the doors off ya :laugh::laugh:

That would involve driving fast paul, thats not like you :laugh:

:lmfao: That is quality. I will keep my eyes peeled too. :salute:

dito :)

doors off?? :uhm:
another way of saying your cars faster :laugh: ayrshire lingo ha

I'm always around Essex way, so let me know if anything gets arranged :)

I popped up a couple of links to meets ive organised with SCN (Rolling Road day & a BBQ Camping meet) but there has never been any interest from here.

Im not to far from you by the sounds of it so count me in if you put anything together.

My bodyshop that does all my work is in Clacton :beerchug: