AH FabricationsChris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HotboxDeluxe View Post
    Subtle though, wasn't it?
    as always
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HotboxDeluxe View Post
    Not wanting to wave the willy or anything, but I've never had to ditch a RWD due to snow or ice dinged a couple of barriers, but kept on going
    I like it!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Matt's in Tideswell

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Matt's in Tideswell
    Thanks, about hour and a half from me then. Would be good to check the motor out though!

Got some interesting info. on prices by looking at some lease companies on the web too.

1st company:
    A3 Tdi 170 - cheapest
    A3 TFSi - about 40 a month more
    S3 - about 15 a month more than the TFSi!

2nd company:
    A3 Tdi 170 - cheapest
    A3 TFSi - about 50 a month more
    S3 - same as the TFSi!

Hopefully be able to get some better deals after talking to local Audi dealer and current lease company we use but these are looking promising!

Reverse Gear

Status
    My wife has a 2.0tfsi sline black edition. Having driven this and also the 2.0tdi and an S3 I would either go 2.0tdi to save money or for the S3 (the only reason she went for the 2.0tfsti is that at the time we ordered Audi were doing low rate finance on the black edition- non S3).

I think the 2.0tfsi overwhelms the fwd a3 chassis- so if you go beyond the 2.0tdi you should get quattro- which is only available on the 2.0tfsi with s-tronic- which is almost as much as a manual S3 which has better residuals and therefore lower monthly lease payments.

Nick

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alimc99 View Post
    My wife has a 2.0tfsi sline black edition. Having driven this and also the 2.0tdi and an S3 I would either go 2.0tdi to save money or for the S3 (the only reason she went for the 2.0tfsti is that at the time we ordered Audi were doing low rate finance on the black edition- non S3).

I think the 2.0tfsi overwhelms the fwd a3 chassis- so if you go beyond the 2.0tdi you should get quattro- which is only available on the 2.0tfsi with s-tronic- which is almost as much as a manual S3 which has better residuals and therefore lower monthly lease payments.
    Thanks for the info.

I think it will be down to the Quattro TDi or S3, but S3 being the main choice. I am hoping with the release of the Golf & Scirocco R it will help with prices on the S3. Although I specced up a Golf R against S3 with options I want and surprisingly the Golf R was 3,500 more to buy than S3!

Nick

Status
    Hi Guys,

I have decided on the S3 and I am due to order it very soon, but I am now looking at service & tyre costs etc against having maintenance on the lease. Roughly how long do tyres last and being quattro do all 4 normally need changing each time? Also what are the general service intervals and service costs? With previous cars I had it has been either every 20k or 12 months, whicever is sooner, but I assume being a high performance car it could be every 10k?
    I have maintenance on my current lease but I am not sure if it has been worth it as it costs about 660 per year and I have one service and 2 tyres per year which would have come to about 500 to 550.

Cheers,
    Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12