Cabin shake when idling - help!!!

Rosario7

A3 2.0 Tdi Sportback
Reaction score
I've recently fitted a new flywheel and clutch as the old one was worn and creating a 'shake' through the cabin when idling, especially when on a hill, and was advised by an Audi technician that this would solve the problem. I have used genuine spares and even though the car runs great an smooth I still get a shake through the cabin. Having returned to the main dealer they advised ma that my car needs a software update for the injector timings. Has anybody heard of this issue before? Also, having had 2 recalls shouldn't this software update been done?

normaly is injector timing or flywheel.

I have carried out a smooth running control update before but only on one vehicle that was affected, recalls are generated when a problem is widespread. Let them give the update a try if thats what they think.

i had this probelm with mine shake was well bad. changed the flywheel and clutch and and made sure timing was ok and shake was gone . i just have a slight what seams like misfire on idle but is ok when i put the air con on which also i have noticed turns the inj quantity up on idle have just changed fuel pump to see if fixes fault .

what smooth running control update do you do kunit ?

i went to audi and was told no no updates for my car...

fuel pump just changed and idles like a baby at 830 rpm....today is a happy day

I've just spoken to audi and they confirmed that there is a sofware update for the injector timing available so looks like ill get it booked in and hopefully the matter will be resolved. thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated.
Just out of curiosity tdi-man how much is new feul pump as that will be my next course of action if the software update doesnt solve it!
Rosario

i got pump second hand £50.00. had already changed injectors and wiring loom ..

my shaking was down to flywheel and clutch......