AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Wing Mirrors Stolen - How Much?

Woke up this morning to find some little ****s have ripped my S3s wing mirrors clean off.

For those that have had this happen before, how much am I looking at to get them replaced? From what I can see they have ripped them off the base - will I need anything more than the wing mirror and mounting replaced?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    ld be having a look on ebay for anyone selling in your area. Not sure about the whole units but audi where going to charge me 150 just for the mirror, one off. Sorry to hear this.

is a retronaut

Status
    B*****ds! Feel for you mate
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    What a bunch of wxxkers, really boils my piss hearing this still.

As for new ones, well were they folded, dimming etc, if so they're about 900+.

If they ripped them of the base, then you need complete units I'm afraid as they've broken the alum casting piece aswell, really is becoming annoying owning a nice car these days.

PM me as I have a full set of alum mirrors for 04-08 cars, no they're not fresh of an S3, they're of my A3, fully functioning & they have all the options & an additional extra of the A6, including pillars, everything you'd need for replacements.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    They're facelift LED but not electric folding. So I take it I am look at circa 1k to replace?

I have had a look, the mounting is sheered off, it is metallic in colour but feels plastic.

6th Gear

Status
    I hate to read this yet again. It put me off buying them because I didn't want to make myself a target or fuel the business by accidentally buying a stolen pair. Shame NHN's wont fit as they are well spec'd.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Living a little!

Status
    There is some in the classifieds for sale. Good Luck..

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    I know how it feels mate,heard the little ****s do it to mine back in the summer. Gutted for you.
    I claimed on the insurance,the bill came to 1116.00! ...and they weren't auto folding.

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

1st Gear

Status
    Are S3 mirrors actually metal or just silver paint ? Would it be possible to wire them up though an inverter or a transformer so any stealing ****s will still be laying by the car when the owner gets back ?
    A3 '04 2.0TDI 140 DSG with lots of goodies but stock

Living a little!

Status
    If it makes you feel better I had my Mirror Kicked clean off my M3 CSL last month too. They managed to ding the panel aswell. 3 of my mates were done too as we parked behind one another

Neutral

Status
    Mine went about a month ago, same facelift version which look very similar to the S5 as well. The parts you'll need are the bases which bolt on to the door containing the main gubbins including the mirror glass adjustment motor and wiring. The LED strips come separately, you'll need the torx screws which locate them in the housing, then comes the chrome cap and finally the mirror glass. With a bit of haggling I got both sides for a shade under 600 quid. Audi quoted me 3 hours labour which would have taken the bill to a grand after I'd also had the dent man remove a small bit of damage.
    I fitted mine myself, it's very easy

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperWhiteS3 View Post
    They're facelift LED but not electric folding. So I take it I am look at circa 1k to replace?

I have had a look, the mounting is sheered off, it is metallic in colour but feels plastic.
    Ah thats a shame as mine arent facelift, they still fit but obviously lose the indicators.

Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    I didn't want to make myself a target or fuel the business by accidentally buying a stolen pair. Shame NHN's wont fit as they are well spec'd.
    At least mine arent stolen & yes they're well spec'd, infact dont get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by karbonk View Post
    There is some in the classifieds for sale. Good Luck..
    Where as I cant see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    I claimed on the insurance,the bill came to 1116.00! ...and they weren't auto folding.
    They're ridiculously expensive, but a 400 option on a new car, go figure, lol

Quote Originally Posted by anton2015 View Post
    Are S3 mirrors actually metal or just silver paint ? Would it be possible to wire them up though an inverter or a transformer so any stealing ****s will still be laying by the car when the owner gets back ?
    They used to be completely solid alum, now they're alum plated plastic which tbh I prefer.

The inverter idea would be nice, but fear you'd end up in jail for killing a kid intrigued by a nice shiny object or a drunk having a pee

If it makes you feel better I had my Mirror Kicked clean off my M3 CSL last month too.
    Not at all mate, lol, any car that has vandalism is shocking, my VR6 had the mirror knocked of & this was in 97/98 & it cost me nearly 200 then, but this was a stupid driver, but goes to show costs involved, thing is if they're not the alum covers, you have paint/lacquering costs to pay, that alone isnt cheap either.

Quote Originally Posted by RonS3 View Post
    Mine went about a month ago, same facelift version which look very similar to the S5 as well. The parts you'll need are the bases which bolt on to the door containing the main gubbins including the mirror glass adjustment motor and wiring. The LED strips come separately, you'll need the torx screws which locate them in the housing, then comes the chrome cap and finally the mirror glass. With a bit of haggling I got both sides for a shade under 600 quid. Audi quoted me 3 hours labour which would have taken the bill to a grand after I'd also had the dent man remove a small bit of damage.
    I fitted mine myself, it's very easy
    Same covers yes & possibly motors as the A5 & A8 range, but pillars/fixings are different so not interchangable, been there got tshirt & video, lol.

I assume yours wernt dimming either cause even with a discount thats very cheap if dimming included, they're 15-250 each for dimming glass.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Living a little!

Status

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    They used to be completely solid alum, now they're alum plated plastic which tbh I prefer.
    I had solid aluminium mirrors on my S4.

I never realised the point of them until I clipped my mirror on a Focus coming the other way. Their mirror shattered into 1000 pieces, mine didn't even get scratched
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    What a bunch of wxxkers, really boils my piss hearing this still.

As for new ones, well were they folded, dimming etc, if so they're about 900+.

If they ripped them of the base, then you need complete units I'm afraid as they've broken the alum casting piece aswell, really is becoming annoying owning a nice car these days.

PM me as I have a full set of alum mirrors for 04-08 cars, no they're not fresh of an S3, they're of my A3, fully functioning & they have all the options & an additional extra of the A6, including pillars, everything you'd need for replacements.
    Yes i couldnt agree more. My R32 and wifes JCW suffered more than most at my last house. Have now moved and two days into S3 ownership so hopefully ive left all those vandals behind...
    Silver '07 S3 - Practical, good looking and goes like stink !

Previous mota's of note:

Golf V6 4 Motion

MK 4 .:R32

Reverse Gear

Status
    Do we think getting different colour mirrors caps will put the gits off?

It will just be a case of pack up and move somewhere more affluent with Fort Knox security - seems to be society today. I don't want to replace them and wake up a few weeks later to see them go again.

Neutral

Status
    Hard to know, it crossed my mind to replace them with a standard body coloured casing, or even a cheap pair of pre face-lift jobbies off eBay. Having replaced them with the originals I'm constantly wondering how long it will be before they disappear again.
    The body coloured face lift ones end up a similar price once painted in case you're wondering

5th Gear

Status

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

6th Gear

Status

They're mine :D

I also have 2 motors if you need them and a heated mirror for the pssenger side i think.

I dont need them now as I've sold my A3..

Cheers
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too