Extra front wiper stroke

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed than my wipers have started to give the extra wipe a few seconds after the normal wash wipe has finished. My previous A3s have done this but up until a couple of weeks ago my current one didn't. Now it seems to have changed so that it does.

Perhaps it heard me talking about it and decided it had better start working!!! Strange.

Don't know if it helps, but mine does the extra stroke too. Maybe it has something to do with the sensor on the windscreen?

Don't know if it helps, but mine does the extra stroke too. Maybe it has something to do with the sensor on the windscreen?

Could be I suppose. I'm glad it has started to do it as it's quite useful.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the extra wipe can be disabled/enabled by forcing the wipers to perform another wipe within 10 seconds (or around that sort of time) of the wash/wipe process finishing :think:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the extra wipe can be disabled/enabled by forcing the wipers to perform another wipe within 10 seconds (or around that sort of time) of the wash/wipe process finishing :think:

Yes you're right. It mentions it in the Owner's Manual but it also says it will reset itself back to normal when the ignition is turned off and on again.

Hmm - that's strange then Dave that yours hasn't been working all the time. Ah well, least it's working now.