EM TuningVolks Autos

Extra front wiper stroke

Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed than my wipers have started to give the extra wipe a few seconds after the normal wash wipe has finished. My previous A3s have done this but up until a couple of weeks ago my current one didn't. Now it seems to have changed so that it does.

Perhaps it heard me talking about it and decided it had better start working!!! Strange.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Don't know if it helps, but mine does the extra stroke too. Maybe it has something to do with the sensor on the windscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by GConn View Post
    Don't know if it helps, but mine does the extra stroke too. Maybe it has something to do with the sensor on the windscreen?
    Could be I suppose. I'm glad it has started to do it as it's quite useful.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the extra wipe can be disabled/enabled by forcing the wipers to perform another wipe within 10 seconds (or around that sort of time) of the wash/wipe process finishing
    Jon

Now A3 less......

Quote Originally Posted by redbutcher View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the extra wipe can be disabled/enabled by forcing the wipers to perform another wipe within 10 seconds (or around that sort of time) of the wash/wipe process finishing
    Yes you're right. It mentions it in the Owner's Manual but it also says it will reset itself back to normal when the ignition is turned off and on again.
    Dave R (h5djr)

3rd Gear

Status
    Hmm - that's strange then Dave that yours hasn't been working all the time. Ah well, least it's working now.
    Jon

Now A3 less......