Urgent - Need Advice buying A3 TDI

karbonk

Living a little!
Reaction score
Sorry, due to posting in the wrong section I have reposted here:

Hi all I am in a position in buying an A3 TDI 2004 65k miles and the head gasket went. He brought the parts from Audi and got a guy to fit that does privately. Has receipts of the parts brought. The head gasket and cylinder head was replace, alone with the cambelt timing belt. But not sure the waterpump was done.

If all ok, is there any issues I should worry about, about buying? Any problems after the head gasket has ben replace? Should I get AA to do a check on the car before buying?

Thanks in advance.

TO be sure get aa to check but if the receipts are there then that should be good.

Get number yourself of guy that fitted and ask him too.

If they guy fitting them new anything he would of receommended water pump when the rest was getting replaced...

Cheers.. I got the number off the guy and spoke to him, it was a mobile and he works from home. He got a quote through Audi and it was over £1300 for head gasket cylinder head, I believe it cost the guy £300.
He said that he got a receipt from the guy that carried out the work. Plus think he has the reciept for the parts brought from Audi. But I called Audi today and spoke to the guy he dealt with and he didnt have record of the parts brought. I gave him the reg of the car. Is there a way he could have brought without giving his reg?

It seems a little vague but when I go to see it im sure it will be clearer. :icon_thumright: