AH FabricationsBadger5
    Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

Status

Forge Dv, Fitting On Facelift S3??

I havent got the tools to fit it & take off the old one so went down to Halfolds looking for 5mm allen wrench or allen socket with extension, 3mm allen wrench & 1/8 inch allen wrench as per forge instructions but all I could see where torx or star attachments & none of these were in sizes there where by code like TX20 etc?

Can anyone tell me what I need as looking under the bonnet then going back in they looked like star keys not torx but like I said there were not in sizes but code & number.

Revo Stage 2+ - Miltek Non Res Turbo Back Exhaust - Evoms Intake - Autotech Fuel
    Pump - Forge DV - Sachs Clutch - BSH Engine/Gearbox Mounts - BSH PCV Mod - RS4
    FPR Valve - Airlift Performance Struts With Adjustable Top Mounts & Droplinks with Accuair Management - H & R Anti Roll Bars - 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushes - BBS E28 Magnesium Motorsport Wheels - Piano
    Black Optics Grill & Fogs - Piano Black Door Mirrors - Carbon Fibre Front Splitter & Rear Diffuser

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    The bolts holding the DV in are torx bolts yep and they're coded by a T then a number. I don't know which one you need but it's worth buying a set as most bolts on your car are torx and they'll come in handy in the future.

EDIT: Apparently they can also be coded with a TS## or TX##. The numbers will be the same sizes though and that's the important bit (bit! Get it?! ).
    Last edited by Staz; 10th December 2009 at 18:52.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Revo Stage 2+ Audi S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    The bolts holding the DV in are torx bolts yep and they're coded by a T then a number. I don't know which one you need but it's worth buying a set as most bolts on your car are torx and they'll come in handy in the future.

EDIT: Apparently they can also be coded with a TS## or TX##. The numbers will be the same sizes though and that's the important bit (bit! Get it?! ).
    Hmm they dont look like torx as they aint as many little points, they look like a star bolt & if I need a 3mm & 5mm TS or TX 5 & 3 is 100% too small

Revo Stage 2+ - Miltek Non Res Turbo Back Exhaust - Evoms Intake - Autotech Fuel
    Pump - Forge DV - Sachs Clutch - BSH Engine/Gearbox Mounts - BSH PCV Mod - RS4
    FPR Valve - Airlift Performance Struts With Adjustable Top Mounts & Droplinks with Accuair Management - H & R Anti Roll Bars - 42 Draft Designs Shifter Bushes - BBS E28 Magnesium Motorsport Wheels - Piano
    Black Optics Grill & Fogs - Piano Black Door Mirrors - Carbon Fibre Front Splitter & Rear Diffuser

is a retronaut

Status
    There's no such thing as a star bolt really, it's just the wrong name used for torx bits. It's definitely torx anyway as I did mine only a few weeks ago.

The numbers are explained nicely in here:

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/category/t...s-screwdrivers
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.