Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Dealing with an OCD

Status

Forge CAI Filter

I just thought i'd take a look at my air filter,to see how its holding up to our fine climate.

Good job too! The Hydroshield's got a hole in it - i figure it's rubbing against something and it was a bit mucky,so i took it off and gave it a good wash. If it's supposed to stop water getting into the filter,why does water flow straight through it then?? The filter itself looks pretty grubby on the outside,although not too bad on the inside,so i guess it has a bit of life left in it?

Is it possible to clean these filters? Its the one Forge supplied with the kit.

If not,any recommendations for a replacement?

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I used to clean my K&N panel filter on my old car with petrol then dry with compressed air, was spot on but would imagine this is the best way lol, im sure you can buy filter cleaning kits online or at halfords etc

Davie

1st Gear

Status
    we use hot soapy water then dry with an airline , works well , do not apply any oil

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Forge View Post
    we use hot soapy water then dry with an airline , works well , do not apply any oil

How often do you recommend cleaning it.....on average?....i.e. how many miles between giving it a wash.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    How often do you recommend cleaning it.....on average?....i.e. how many miles between giving it a wash.
    S3 Alex..can your S3 really be pushing out 365 bhp just with chip/intake/ exhaust? Is that not a bit optimistic?
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

is a retronaut

Status
    How many miles has the filter been on FNF?
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    S3 Alex..can your S3 really be pushing out 365 bhp just with chip/intake/ exhaust? Is that not a bit optimistic?

You may not have read the full list....Forge CAI and DV,full Miltek exhaust,high pressure fuel pump and Revo Stage 2+ software.

The figures I've got fit very well with those of just about everyone else running the same hardware and software,and as I've said on another thread,the acceleration etc feel very similar to previous cars I've had with dyno'd outputs of 370 and 440bhp.

5th Gear

Status
    Cool wasn't aware of those extra mods was interested to see how you got that figure...must give 997s a good run for their money?
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    Cool wasn't aware of those extra mods was interested to see how you got that figure...must give 997s a good run for their money?
    It's a bit OT I guess,but since doing all of that,it's definitely faster than a 997 Carrera(not the turbo or GT)and Caymans are likewise no problem.
    In the real world it's not a huge deal faster as such,but it will pull away from them,and does grip better after the suspension mods.

By all means PM if you want.

5th Gear

Status
    Alex's car is probably putting out even more than that now the map has fully adjusted. Revo 2+ isn't just another map like the rest. All our cars are consistently showing between 360 and 375 bhp. In fact mine's a bit on the low side !
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    How many miles has the filter been on FNF?
    It's done about 20k with the filter on,i've now cleaned it according to Forge instructions,although it still looks a bit mucky. The Hydroshields now binned!

Interestingly it started to chirrup when the turbo came on song! A blast down the motorway soon cured it,either that or the canary escaped!

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast,not furious View Post
    It's done about 20k with the filter on,i've now cleaned it according to Forge instructions,although it still looks a bit mucky. The Hydroshields now binned!

Interestingly it started to chirrup when the turbo came on song! A blast down the motorway soon cured it,either that or the canary escaped!
    I have to say I'm glad I didn't get the Forge now. My Hydroshield is spanking clean because nothing gets up there to make it so dirty in the first place.
    8P2 S3

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    What CAI are you running Staz?

is a retronaut

Status
    Evoms mate
    8P2 S3

1st Gear

Status
    we would clean every 12, 000 miles or so , new filters can also be ordered if required