Forge CAI Filter

Fast,not furious

Dealing with an OCD
Reaction score
I just thought i'd take a look at my air filter,to see how its holding up to our fine climate.

Good job too! The Hydroshield's got a hole in it - i figure it's rubbing against something and it was a bit mucky,so i took it off and gave it a good wash. If it's supposed to stop water getting into the filter,why does water flow straight through it then?? The filter itself looks pretty grubby on the outside,although not too bad on the inside,so i guess it has a bit of life left in it?

Is it possible to clean these filters? Its the one Forge supplied with the kit.

If not,any recommendations for a replacement?

I used to clean my K&N panel filter on my old car with petrol then dry with compressed air, was spot on but would imagine this is the best way lol, im sure you can buy filter cleaning kits online or at halfords etc

Davie

we use hot soapy water then dry with an airline , works well , do not apply any oil

How often do you recommend cleaning it.....on average?....i.e. how many miles between giving it a wash.

S3 Alex..can your S3 really be pushing out 365 bhp just with chip/intake/ exhaust? Is that not a bit optimistic?

You may not have read the full list....Forge CAI and DV,full Miltek exhaust,high pressure fuel pump and Revo Stage 2+ software.

The figures I've got fit very well with those of just about everyone else running the same hardware and software,and as I've said on another thread,the acceleration etc feel very similar to previous cars I've had with dyno'd outputs of 370 and 440bhp.

Cool wasn't aware of those extra mods was interested to see how you got that figure...must give 997s a good run for their money?

It's a bit OT I guess,but since doing all of that,it's definitely faster than a 997 Carrera(not the turbo or GT)and Caymans are likewise no problem.
In the real world it's not a huge deal faster as such,but it will pull away from them,and does grip better after the suspension mods.

By all means PM if you want.

Alex's car is probably putting out even more than that now the map has fully adjusted. Revo 2+ isn't just another map like the rest. All our cars are consistently showing between 360 and 375 bhp. In fact mine's a bit on the low side !

How many miles has the filter been on FNF?

It's done about 20k with the filter on,i've now cleaned it according to Forge instructions,although it still looks a bit mucky. The Hydroshields now binned!

Interestingly it started to chirrup when the turbo came on song! A blast down the motorway soon cured it,either that or the canary escaped!

It's done about 20k with the filter on,i've now cleaned it according to Forge instructions,although it still looks a bit mucky. The Hydroshields now binned!

Interestingly it started to chirrup when the turbo came on song! A blast down the motorway soon cured it,either that or the canary escaped!

I have to say I'm glad I didn't get the Forge now. My Hydroshield is spanking clean because nothing gets up there to make it so dirty in the first place.