S3 Baby seat or sell the motor??

podiopie

Reaction score
I am not sure what to do, expecting our first child in Jan and we have bought a Mamas and Papas travel system with a Viaggio car seat.

I tried to belt the car seat in the back but its tricky to get in an out of the car (but can live with that as to be expected) but when I place it on the seat for rear facing its up against the back of the front seat and really just doesnt look safe.

Once she is into the 9mth old seat it will be a doddle but until then I am stuck as to what to do. Have thought of selling the motor but neither of us want to so would really appreciate any help from you guys.

Also if I were to get a base for the seat I assume this is still kept and used for the 9mth > seat as if so you can get a surefix to isofix base.

We wont be going around too much in the first 5 months really as family live close but still need to be out and about as easy as possible.

Any help / advice on what you use or suggest would be much appreciated as I will cry the day the S3 goes

:bye::bye::bye::bye:

change the car seat/travel system to one that fits in the S3, you should be able to exchange/get money back easily enough

we are expecting a baby too soon. I had to sell my muched loved car when i had my daughter 3 years ago as i had problems with fitting the seat in the back.. How ever now aswel as our audi a4 and a3 we have an r34 nissan skyline so we have had to get a seat that fits all! The baby seat was a struggle in the back until we used a base and it now fits perfectly with the base :)

i Have had mamas and papas in the past but We have gone for a maxi cosi seat which goes with the quinney push chair...

My advice to you would be try the base first and then look for another travel system you will only regret selling the car ...

Just make sure you put the babys safety 1st :)

Do you have isofix on the front passenger seat?

You could try turning front passenger airbag off, putting base on front seat, passenger gets into the back and then click the baby seat into place at the front...

Last edited:
I used a maxi-cosy system with my 3 door S3 with no issues whatsoever, get the isofix base and the rear facing seat simply clicks into place, you really do not need a big car with 1 child, best wishes for the birth, being a Dad is great :)

We also used the maxi cosy system, with base (non isofix) was in the wifes Golf though, but worked like a dream, no issues. I'd certainly recommend it. Even easier with the quinny frame as the pram too.

Good luck :)

Another vote for the Maxi Cosi seat (Isofix). This is compatable with the Quinny travel system which fits comfortably in the A3 boot (although I think you lose a little bit of boot height in the S3 because of 4wd). The Maxi Cosi is also compatable with some other travel systems including Bugaboo. The Maxi Cosi seat always does well in crash tests whereas Mamas and Papas tend not to (Britax and some Recaros also do well in the crash tests). Whatever you go for I'd very strongly advise getting a seat with Isofix fittings (apparantly around half of all car seats secured with the seat belt are not properly secured wheras with Isofix its almost impossible to get it wrong).

We are expecting our first child end of March and after looking at a lot of different prams/travel systems I think we (the wife, as she makes the important decisions) has decided on the iCandy Apple travel system with the Maxi Cosi seat & the Isofix base.

I'm lucky in the fact that I bought a Sportback (my first ever 5-dr) so I have easy access to the rear seats :yes:

Unfortunately before we became pregnant my wife decided to buy herself a BMW 120d M-sport CONVERTABLE!!

So next summer I get to drive around in a nice soft top (and look like a hairdresser) whilst the wife gets my (the family) car :ermm:

The Maxi Cosi does seem to be very popular as it can be used with a few different travel systems and seems to come out at on top in consumer tests for saftey & ease of use.

Another maxi cosi with isofix & quinny user here too.
Why is it when your going to have a baby people have to tell you need a 4/5 door car, we have not had any problems in the last 18 months & we have 2 3 door cars.