New A3 Died

I

imported_ben1820vt

Hello All,

I'm a Leon Cupra driver but I'm posting this for my mum who drives a new shape A3 SE 2.0TDI with DSG. I'm sure most new A3's are fantastic cars! I'v took it for a spin and I loved it. It was solid, comfortable and had a very refined diesel. However she's had nothing but trouble and I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on the problems she's had? The car is 2 months old. First problem is the air con failed. Audi (Ridgeway, Newbury) said it would be 10 days to get a new compressor clutch. 10 days later they couldn't fix it. Audi said it would be another 10 days for a new compressor from Germany. Well after the third visit yesterday after still not being able to fix it the car completely died this morning taken Audi service two hours to get her from about 30mins away. Failed alternator! We are building a case to get all her money back and I would love to know if it usually takes 10 days to get parts? With the current Audi reputation is it normal for three visits and still no resolution on a new car?

Sorry to hear that!
From experience (3 people) if it goes really wrong at the begining you will have trouble all the time. So change the car!!!
My local stealer just ordered me some new wheels from germany and said they would be delivered in 10 days as well

3 cases ah, that's good to hear it must be very rare. I think mum's going to stay with Audi as the general quality is excellent. Just looks like she's got a friday job! I think Audi should do something about this 10 day part problem.

Sorry, I sould have made myself clearer the 3 cases were not from audi cars (3 different brands, one being audi tho). What I meant was not all cars coming straigtht out of the factory are good whatever the cars/brand. If you pick up the wrong one well it is the wrong one.
It has nothing to do with the brand or built quality. Just to illustrate the worse of the 3 cases was my father in law got a brand new car, same type and brand he takes every year because they always reliable. Next one well for the 1st 8 months, the car spent almost 3 months at the stealer for "repair"
That is what I think anyway

Not sure about Audi but I used to do work for Opel. They have different order types one of which is VOR (vehicle off road). Their aim is to deliver the part the next day anywhere in Europe. I would expect most companies to have a similar order type for urgent orders.

Although the A3 is relatively new, the warehouses should now be well stocked with replacement parts. I would say that 10 days is totally unacceptable and would have thought no more that 2-3.

HTH
Dave

My car's (2004 A3 2.0TDi SE DSG) AC failed as luck would happen... on one of the hottest afternoons around the M25. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Hooked it up to my bros VagCom to discover what we already knew ....the interior fan had stopped working. Checked fuses to find nothing wrong.

Audi fixed it within an hour or so. Diagnosed as a connector behind the dash which had worked loose. They also replaced one of the round vents in the dash, as it was broken...which was news to me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
All in all the car has been perfect as Audi's can normally are.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif