Warning S3' Users. Don't under estimate the Seat Ibiza Bocanegra!!

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi all,

This really amuses me. Was on a nice quiet B road last night then all of a sudden wham Seat up my chuff. Didn't realise what it was at this point. Floored it and I mean I flew through the gears and Wham Up my **** but I was pulling away but only every so slightly but was always moving away.

But this car is a very quick car and it made me chuckle, need a remap now me thinks.

Seat Ibiza Bocanegra 1.4 TSI 180 = weight of a go kart and much fun by the looks of it.

Dave :)

I test drove one a few months ago as the misses was looking at one and boy do they drive well then the noise of thing, i was cumming in my pants! I still get tempted but id be looking at the best part of 18k for one with the spec id want but you still cant improve on the interior quality which is appalling for a car costing 18k!!

Ill wack a like to this in in the MK5 section on SCN though lol

Too much information there 'mhill'...:scared2:

You need to Revo your S3 then or get some track practice. That shouldn't be getting anywhere near you, especially on these slimy roads.

I remember seein the concept for that seat years ago, it does look really nice! Dave if your thinking of remapping can I recommend Shark Performance in Mansfield, Ben is a top guy and his maps are unreal, you'll get 320bhp with his map, he just did my TDI and over the moon with it.

Iggu,

Seriously. I am no sh1t driver through the gears and was quite harsh. It was only really straight driving i.e power / acceleration.

He may have been remapped who knows, but also think of BHP/power etc to weight.

David

Last edited:
Yep Ben is a top bloke. Very good after sales from what I saw too.

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest if that Seat Ibiza wasn't far behind up to say 100 mph. The S3 isn't exactly a lightweight is it?!

My mate has an '8L' S3 and my Williams Clio can sit up its **** all the way up to 100 mph +

Obviously the 8L are less powerful, but then my Williams isn't 180bhp either!

Last edited:
Yep Ben is a top bloke. Very good after sales from what I saw too.

Indeed Leon, he is a sound guy but he maps are even better. On the same day I went out in Ben's 262bhp Octavia and then Matt Andrew's 340bhp Revo'd S3, although Matt's was obviously quicker, the map and power delivery was better in Ben's Skoda, if I had an S3, exhaust, intake and then map by ben 350bhp thank you very much..:rolleyes:

Nice car tbh. Good little run around if it's cheap enough.

David