Should have said "Hi" earlier!

8utters

Reaction score
Hey folks, I just realised I should have said hello earlier..

<short ver>Hi, I'm Dave (28) from N Manchester</short ver>

<long waffle>
So here goes... I've come from a 51-plate TT Quattro Coupe which I'd modded over a few years, Magnex cat-back, Neuspeed P-Flow, Forge DV, Remap, LED interior bulbs etc... Loved the car, I'm much into detailing (excessive cleaning) my cars and this was no exception. The power was lovely (approx 275BHP) but after a while the noise started to grind!

I recently (Aug) got married and am thinking about kids in a 18-24 months, so the TT had to go (this is where I attempt to justify the S3 purchase to myself) Only having two seats and no decent sized boot meant I needed a change. I'm also very much into my mountain biking and again, the TT was useless. I decided I needed a change of car, and started looking at the big diesel A6's....by the time I'd finished deciding what I wanted, the budget had doubled, I'd signed up to finance again and decided that because I only do 8000 miles a year I could have a turbo-petrol... blah blah.. anyway, would have thought about the Sportback S3's but to keep costs down I got a 3dr car again.. I'll fix the problem with kids seats, when it becomes a problem :w00t: - hey, I've got ISOFix now...what more do you want??

So I decided on an S3 after driving a Golf R32 and a BMW 335i, I got an 07 S3, Electric Lumbar, Lights Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Heated Seats, Storage Pack, Sat Nav, Red/Black Leather, Pearl Black. First mod is to fix the truly CRAP Audi iPod connection to the RNS-E. I didn't know at the time of purchase that there was a difference between the versions :(

I've opted for a Dension Gateway 100 (props to S8craig, thanks buddy) and a Brodit iPhone mount. Next mod will be a Stage 1 map, but I'll leave that until I've finished paying for the honeymoon.

Anyway, enough waffle- I'm looking forward to learning more about the S3 and potential mods as time goes by. I don't have much of value to add now, but hopefully I'll be able to in the future
:blackrs4:
</long waffle>

Nice intro buddy, good to have you along. Oh and great choice of car too. ;)

I'm from Manchester also, who you gonna go with for your map?

Thanks N8.
I had VagCheck (Wak) remap my TT and I was massively impressed. He took serious care and attention of the car before changing anything, pointed out a few things in the engine bay, checked the error codes, re-sealed some pipes and re-routed a badly placed pipe (likely done during cam-belt change) was able to rate the quality of my local mechanic too!

The guy clearly knew his TTs and the map was top drawer, not a moments trouble and shed loads of torque! It's all legit and a proper business, there's another guy who works with him, Morgan I think, though I only met Wak when my TT was in.

It's a fair drive down there (Chertsey, Surrey) but as my in-laws live in Colchester I can always take a detour. Wak's told me I can expect something in the region of "310bhp / 320-330ftlb with completely stock HW" - £499

It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for, I'd like the peace of mind that it's not just a case of hope-and-pray everything is correct.

...having said all that, Revo seem to be getting lots of praise on this board, certainly when I was on the TT forums they seemed to get endless stick for one thing or another, though it was always a highly contentious issue, fought HARD by both sides!