Hello nice to meet you! I need some help

mkimjoon

Reaction score
Hi i'm new here. I live in san francisco and own a 07 a3. I wanted to ask you guys some help that i've been getting from my baby which i can't seem to be figuring it out!

buzzing sound issue i've been getting from my right front side of the speaker. I've tried different things....(it sounds like when you put your phone near your computer speaker and makes the electrical interference sound)

1. took off my aftermarket hid kit
2. disconnected speaker from the front right side near the front windshield on the frame pillar?

Today it was raining in San Francisco, so i had to defog my rear window and guess what? whenever i press the switch the sound comes on even worse....
when i press the button to turn on and off and when it's on.... ZZZZZZZZZ sound....

srsly what could be the issue? Any audi tech on the forum that can kinda help me?

Some things that i have changed in the past on my car or done to it that i can think it's related to somewhat electrical?
-AWE boost guage
-Try to swap front seats with a sports one but didn't work out well so put my premium one back due to sports seats not being powered seats.
-Changed my headlight switch to audi TT ones with chrome trims
-Dice for my bose syp

As far as i know the sound has been there i think...

It seems to be the buzz sound comes on more and more esp when my gf is in, sitting in the front pass seat. I tell her my car is trying to talk to you~

could it be b/c i once tried to swap seats? so when my girl is in the seat and the air bag is activated the sound gets worse? This is driving me crazy......

photo.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

First of all welcome along, sorry i cant help you with that one but i am sure somebody will be able to on here. That's a very nice looking a3 you got there. Is it on coilovers? :)

Have you tried swapping the speakers over to check for sure that it's not the speaker at fault/partly at fault? You shouldn't be getting anything that makes it worse when switched on but I think you should just check it anyway.

hard one, sounds like some 'leakage' of power or a bad earth. Maybe AndyMac could help?

sorry dont know what this means : Dice for my bose syp ???

hard one, sounds like some 'leakage' of power or a bad earth. Maybe AndyMac could help?

sorry dont know what this means : Dice for my bose syp ???

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/DICE_I_AUDI_R.html

My front tweeter near the right front windshield is already disconnected. Still makes the sound atleast 2+ a day when i'm driving.

From another forum someone mentioned this to my post

"
sounds like you have a grounding issue.i had the same issue but with the back driver side speaker.
i had to get a better ground for my head unit plus redo some wiring as it was pretty ****ed up.
maybe you hit a hard bump and a wire is now pulled out a bit and getting interference?"

have you tired it with the Dice out? Maybe there is a bad connection in the adaptor loom etc?

On my old A3 (the model you never got state side) I swapped out the original head unit & replaced with a Kenwood and the OEM amp for the rear speakers & bass in the N/S rear would buzz unless I put original HU back in :banghead:

Cant help at all but , car looks really sweet !

.Ps. love san francisco.

Rainy Manchester Uk sucks compared !