FBMFSW + RNS-E + Bluetooth.. Advice Needed

LordCor

Reaction score
Hi.. Just picked up a 2006 Sline DSG TDI.. My intention is to get it up together inside and replace my S3 with this for practicality reasons...

What i'd like to know is has anyone had this done? what could you give me as a guideline for cost? i've picked up the RNS-E and bluetooth module off Ebay for what i think are good prices.... The new car is single Din with Bose so i know this will need some adaptation for the sat nav module..

Where is the best place to start looking for a wheel? i rang Audi and they quoted me £288+Vat for the FBMFSW which i thought was wrong but he double checked.. however he told me i'd need a new airbag at circa £500 from them... and i guess + fitting and the extra bits it's going to be over £1000 :wtf:

Any guidance would be a great help.. this is the first time i've bought a car without the bits i want on it.. i'm hoping it's not going to end up costing me dearly!!

Welcome to the site.

Do you need it installed as I can do for you & maybe get a wheel, PM if interested.

I will indeed need it all installing.. I'm about as useful as a chocolate tea-pot when it comes to cars..

Also not only am i new to this site i'm new to forums all together, so forgive my schoolboy effort on not knowing how to PM?

Will be looking to get it all on the way to being fitted next week/weekend as my S3 is off on Sunday and i don't want to fall out with the new car's shortcomings already!

Just click on my username & it drops a menu down & select send private message mate.

No worries we all started somewhere so dont feel bad about it fella.

I'll help as much as I can & for what you want I can do it all anyway, PM for further chat about.