Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Any difference between the chrome buttoned version and pre-chome version, other than the button appearance?

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    No, just better appearance.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    No, just better appearance.
    I quite like mine with the more subtle black knobs.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

1st Gear

Status
    Are they selling the crome buttons on there own?

Ride: 520d M Sport Cobolt Black, 19" Spyders

Previous rides:
    2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Lava Grey - Sportback

Reverse Gear

Status
    LOL maybe we should organize a knob-swap for those who want a change in appearance

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by V6Pete View Post
    I quite like mine with the more subtle black knobs.
    I just think they look really dated now, the chrome knobs in mine go with my S3 vents

Quote Originally Posted by stealth64 View Post
    Are they selling the crome buttons on there own?
    Yes you can buy them from audi, but need a pro like 'NHN' to retrofit as its quite a big job. He did mine, and they are OEM

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Status
    I just think they look really dated now, the chrome knobs in mine go with my S3 vents
    It's a fashion thing. Chrome will date. Black will always be in fashion.

You wait, Nige will be extolling the virtues of the "classic and original" knobs in time...
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Your funny Pete, I like shiny bits

1st Gear

Status

Yes you can buy them from audi, but need a pro like 'NHN' to retrofit as its quite a big job. He did mine, and they are OEM
    Can't I just vinyl wrap the rotation section of the knob with silver colored vinyl?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Good luck as that would be a very tricky wrap given the led's light the rings within the knobs, but hey push the boat out give it a go.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 8utters View Post
    LOL maybe we should organize a knob-swap for those who want a change in appearance
    Maybe you should re-read that comment & edit, lol, doesnt read well on a public forum

You wait, Nige will be extolling the virtues of the "classic and original" knobs in time...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    And there was me thinking I'd got away with that comment.

It's been a long time dude, I thought we were able to joke about chrome knobs now. Clearly not....

is a retronaut

Status

Back to what just017 was saying I agree there must be some sort of supplier system here as the unit I got from HD was like new and I'm sure they all are the same condition from them too.

The thing is yeah maybe they're being robbed from cars in Lithuania and shipped over but it's not like they have as many Audis on their roads as we do. If there's that much of a market for them why aren't they being stolen from UK cars?
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by LWNY View Post
    Can't I just vinyl wrap the rotation section of the knob with silver colored vinyl?
    Good luck as that would be a very tricky wrap given the led's light the rings within the knobs, but hey push the boat out give it a go.
    He said it

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post

Back to what just017 was saying I agree there must be some sort of supplier system here as the unit I got from HD was like new and I'm sure they all are the same condition from them too.

The thing is yeah maybe they're being robbed from cars in Lithuania and shipped over but it's not like they have as many Audis on their roads as we do. If there's that much of a market for them why aren't they being stolen from UK cars?
    I've heard of thieves going through an Audi forecourt and making off with a whole pile of navs...

is a retronaut

Status
    Fair enough, I hadn't. But I would still expect to hear of some taken from cars on the street though.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    Fair enough, I hadn't. But I would still expect to hear of some taken from cars on the street though.
    Maybe thefts are more common in Eastern Europe. I guess in some countries, the money these fetch makes the hassle more worthwhile than in the UK.

Also our car thieves are crap - they like smash and grab thefts, or to steal the keys. I'd like to think our Eastern European cousins are better at it.

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    I recall a thread not long ago whereby a theif had got access to the garages in an Audi dealer and made off with a load of RNS-E's.

But what Staz said, I havent yet heard one story about an RNS-E being stolen from a members car....

Personally, I think there is an underground supply chain going on somewhere.
    Audi A3 2.0TFSI S Line SE DSG

JMB Retrofits - North East Retrofit Company

Status
    I bought my RNS-E exactly three years ago on eBay for Ł409. I was one of two bidders and secured it with just one bid at the start of the auction. If you can afford it, this month is the best time to look and buy because of Christmas plus the recession!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    And there was me thinking I'd got away with that comment.

It's been a long time dude, I thought we were able to joke about chrome knobs now. Clearly not....
    Oh come on that pic was hilarious slick lol, its all good in the hood for me.

3rd Gear

Status
    No way is that the MY10, not on your nelly mate.

Ł430 isnt bad as they're usually Ł500 upwards & Ł600 or more for the chrome versions, but given thats for 5 then should be a discount huh.
    I just picked up a chrome button RNS-e for Ł450 delivered!! comes with code and nav disc. I thought it was a bargain would you guys agree?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12