Audi A3 ESP light on permanently

Acidic32

A4 Cabriolet 1.8T Owner
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.djmauto.co.uk
Hi, just ran a check with my Launch X431, the ABS module is throwing these fault codes:

00810 Brake Pressure Senders 1/2

00778 Steering Angle Sender - G85

01423 Sensor for Lateral Acceleration G200

Anyone have any idea where to start!?

Daniel
DJM Auto

Have you fitted a new steering wheel recently or at all?

If so these need calibrating properly which would then get rid of the errors & light.

Those errors all point towards something has been done to the steering module/area, but anyway they need calibrating usually with vas at audi or vagcom if you have it, if you dont then either ask member from link in my sig to do or buy the genuine kut from me.

Well Audi said that the fault code 00810 means a new ABS pump (£1,200) and the rest would need to be coded to clear them.

I would like to just try coding, is it basic settings then channel 04 ?

Daniel.

aha bistro, all becomes clear now, personally dude I would use vagcom for all vag cars, not because I sell the kit, but because it works flawlessly, try discon battery for 5 mins then on again & retest also speak to x431 support, sounds like something out of star wars, lol, the 40168 has worked for me no problem everytime.

3 Faults Found:

00810 - Sensor 1/2 for Brake Pressure
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
01423 - Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)

I have a VAG COM interface and i am using VCDS 11.2.0

how can i recalibrate everything ?

Sounds like a faulty Yaw sensor to me. Its located under passenger seat and under the carpet in the A3, next to the cross-member. Unfortunately not a cheap part.. £500ish from dealers.