JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos

Thread: www.audi.co.uk

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status

www.audi.co.uk

Hi all

Just browsed the Internet and as I do, I always browse the Audi website to see if theres anything new or any used cars (Only delivery milage) with the spec. that I want on an S3. Anyway, cut to the chase. . I think the new website, that must of gone live today is well disappointing, personally I much preferred the previous site. I found it alot easier to find what you want, anyone else with me?

http://www.audi.co.uk/ (Makes it abit easier for you)

I also noticed that the price of the S3 has gone up, disappointing for myself as that will be the next car but good for those of you that have placed your order.

There is also mention of the S3 "Black Edition" which is no longer a mystery, they have now released the details which isn't alot, I would have liked them to do something different but I think thats just me being petty!

James

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    I like the new site from what I can see.

The prices for the S3 haven't changed on the configurator BTW
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    That just proves that everyone has different opinions.

Yeah I did notice that, perhaps they haven't updated that yet or hopefully they've got the price wrong on the site, fingers-crossed/

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Nothing special is it & pics are of the old a3 in certain places like mirrors for one, but guess its a 1st load so they will tweak now.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Why is the S3 black edition cheaper than a stadard S3 and dont know if its a mistake but i looks like you can specifiy Ice silver on the A3 black edition now!
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor

Neutral

Status
    I wonder if the S3 Black Edition will have the S3 badge on the front grill as the black edition S-line didnt have the s-line front badge (minor details i know but I'd want to see it on both models).
    A3 Sportback Black Edition

Ibis White 1.8TFSi Stronic Open sky system, RNS-E, iPod,Parking sensors, light & storage packs.

Neutral

Status
    Is it me or is a 2.0tdi sport no cost option to an SE?

I agree the fiddly bit i find is downloading a brochure must have took 5 minutes but then i am at work maybe thats why?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwiggumpi View Post
    No it's not. According to the October 2009 Price List the SE is an additional 635 over Standard. Sport is 1175 additional to the SE, the S-Line is 1515 additional to the Sport and the Clack Line is 905 additional to the normal S-Line.

At one stage to SE and Sport used to be the same price but with different equipment. But a couple of years ago Audi UK changed it and reduced the standard equipment on the SE and reduced the price according.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status
    Technology pack looks decent value. Rns-e + AMI for 1500 rather than 1900 ish before.

5th Gear

Status
    I like the new site. It needed an update for a while I think
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwiggumpi View Post

I agree the fiddly bit i find is downloading a brochure must have took 5 minutes but then i am at work maybe thats why?
    Despite my earlier post, which was based on the October 2009 price list, it now seems that with the December 2009 price list they are not charging extra for the Sport over the SE. Back to the position a few years ago. I would say the price is the same as the SE but the equipment must be different because for example the SE says a 4-spoke steering wheel where as the Sport says a 3-spoke steering wheel.

I must say the website looks better and the Pricing and Spec brochure is also looking better than the previous versions.
    Last edited by h5djr; 2nd December 2009 at 16:04.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Clack Line is 905 additional to the normal S-Line
    What do you mean exactly by "Clack" line?
    2010 "59" | A3 1.8 TFSI S-Line | Black Edition | Ibis White | Xenon Plus & LED DRL | BOSE | FBMFSW | Light & Rain Sensor Pack | Interior Light Pack | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Folding Mirrors | Tire Pressure Monitor

Third Gear

Status
    Website looks ok to me, just appears to have come in line with the german site which has been like that for a few months.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerohour View Post
    I have no idea at all how that came to be there.

What I mean was Black Edition.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I have no idea at all how that came to be there.

What I mean was Black Edition.
    Hehe, i thought you were having a digg at the black edition!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerohour View Post

The Clack-Line -- it could catch on!

If you say it often enough
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 Sport S-Tronic (8P3)

Aruba Blue

Alu Roof Rails*Cruise*BOSE*USB

Neutral

Status
    The A3 (and Sportback) pages show storage in the hatch cover - the filename suggests its called Cathero Storage. Anyone know any more?
    A3 Sportback Black Edition 140TDI DSG

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi buyer View Post
    The A3 (and Sportback) pages show storage in the hatch cover - the filename suggests its called Cathero Storage. Anyone know any more?
    It's just the Read Parcel Shelf Storage Board accessory:

http://accessories.audi.co.uk/access...ccessoryId=120