S3.....on its way but TTS cab or S5 cab ??

S.3THRIZZLE

S.3RIZZLE.....
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Time has come to start saying bye to my S3, Howwever I cant decide between the S5 Cab or the TTS cab ??

What are peoples thoughts on the two cars ?? much app.

S.3THRIZ. :uhm:

Uh think 1st thing is, you're comparing 2 completely different sized cars mate, so do you need space at all?

Why a cab given its winter & you do know the english weather dont you, lol

No brainer in my opinion, S5 COUPE!. :meeting:

If space isnt an issue then maybe the TT-S in coupe form.
If running costs arent an issue then the S5 in coupe form.

Not keen on either as a cabrio though, or many cars for that matter.

Assuming its similar money as a TTS-S and S5, and if brand isnt an issue what about a 335i? :undwech:

Cheers
Paul

...Assuming its similar money as a TTS-S and S5, and if brand isnt an issue what about a 335i? :undwech:...

Ouch, there was a time when I would rise to that...:laugh:

I would have thought your response would have been the Boxster S?! :whistle2:

Yup given a choice between an S5 and a TTs i would go for the 335i coupe every time and get a metal folding roof !! this is the UK ya know !

If you really want a TTs then get a Boxter S but like Nige says, strange choice to choose from.

Last edited:
Yup given a choice between an S5 and a TTs i would go for the 335i coupe every time and get a metal folding roof !! this is the UK ya know !

Metal Folding ROOF !:scared2: Noooooooooooo!

Roofs for cars.
Ragtops for roadsters.:icon_thumright:

Mate of mine drove an A5 3.0Tdi today, reckons its Luurverly.
Personally I would live with the mahoosive fuel bills and go for the S5.

Paul

To answer your original question, S5 Cab, mainly because its more manly and more practical.

However personally, for that sort of money and guessing you like Audi Cabriolets, how about a nice used RS4 cab? Rare sight, stylish brute of a car with performance to match!

Sorry Paul !! I take it thats not cool then :redface:

To answer your original question, S5 Cab, mainly because its more manly and more practical.

However personally, for that sort of money and guessing you like Audi Cabriolets, how about a nice used RS4 cab? Rare sight, stylish brute of a car with performance to match!

Has to be the S5 more butch and masculine and fresh looking the TT for me still carries the connotations of time gone bye.....hair dresser......(no offence meant to hair dressers or those who are not hair dressers and drive a TT)

Sorry Paul !! I take it thats not cool then :redface:

No mate:)
Most tin tops just look odd IMO.

Its seems more effort goes into stuffing a metal roof into the car than the styling. As if its ok for the car to look out of proportion as long as the roof has a trick mechanism and folds in 0.0001 nano seconds.
Sorry, not for me.

Must admit `Hugys`Sprint TTS with the dark RS4s looks the ********.

cheers
Paul

I follow a rule when it comes to cabriolets and its never buy one that wasn't designed to be one in the first place, added to which I can't say Audi (in my opinion) have ever made a good looking cabriolet, so my choice is neither, it would be something like a.....Boxster S...:undwech:

or;

I would support the choice of either as a coupe, the S5 looks nicer, but I suspect (and this is more an assumption) that the TTS would be more of an engaging drive.

Last edited:
S5 anyday... anyform! Its one of the nicest looking cars around!

I follow a rule when it comes to cabriolets and its never buy one that wasn't designed to be one in the first place, added to which I can't say Audi (in my opinion) have ever made a good looking cabriolet, so my choice is neither, it would be something like a.....Boxster S...:undwech:

Boxster would be my choice for a small roadster.

While always being a bit of a TT coupe fan MK1 and 2, Ive never liked the soft top versions. The Mk1 Cab was awful with the roof up, like a pram. Looked OK on the rare occasion you can actually get the roof down
though.

Out of the `big` cabs I reckon the old AUDI 80 based Cab and A4 cabs have better looking than the equivalent SAABs, BMWs, MERCs, VOLVOS of the day.

Paul

Either one would be a step down (or, at best, a step sideways). TT-S is an S3 dressed up as Dame Edna Everage and the S5 is lardy. Bad choices THRIZZLE - especially for a tasteful Northerner. For the same money there are much better options available.

Either one would be a step down (or, at best, a step sideways). TT-S is an S3 dressed up as Dame Edna Everage and the S5 is lardy. Bad choices THRIZZLE - especially for a tasteful Northerner. For the same money there are much better options available.

+1

Yeah, but they don't have Audi badges, and that appears to be a requirement.

Why? Does he hold shares in the group? :ermm:

No mate:)
Most tin tops just look odd IMO.

Its seems more effort goes into stuffing a metal roof into the car than the styling. As if its ok for the car to look out of proportion as long as the roof has a trick mechanism and folds in 0.0001 nano seconds.
Sorry, not for me.

Must admit `Hugys`Sprint TTS with the dark RS4s looks the ********.

cheers
Paul

Thats very kind of you paul,Thanks:happy:

Just thought I would post some more pics of my TTS,I know its the S3 section but anyway here goes.

S1050307.jpg

S1050305.jpg

S1050296.jpg

21032009022.jpg

S1050295.jpg

And last but not least.
S1050312-1.jpg

Can you get a rear carbon valance for the s3 like that?

Surprised how well the dark details and optics go with Sprint.
Somehow I dont think that colour scheme works as well on an S3.:think:

Forget the S5 cab...they STILL suffer from body flex & scuttle shake, and have the rather dull 3.0 supercharged V6 which lacks ALL of the character of the superb 4.2 v8..
go for an s5 COUPE instead , better handling/riding car and with the v8.

I would go for the s5 coupe also, just a real nice motor IMHO!

But if you do get the TT, how much would you charge me for wash trim and blow dry? lol

Dont worry got my coat and leaving!

Boxster would be my choice for a small roadster.

Out of the `big` cabs I reckon the old AUDI 80 based Cab and A4 cabs have better looking than the equivalent SAABs, BMWs, MERCs, VOLVOS of the day.

Paul

I second that.

Think you should go for S5 by the way mate.

If its got to be a cab then S5 in Sprint blue. Saw one on Tuesday night parked near me in the Audi car park at Old Trafford. Looked really really well.

The TT-S is nice as a Coupe but I dont like the roadster when the roof is up which if we are being honest will be most of the time in this country.

In my opinion,the A5/S5 is underwheeled.especially at the rear,it needs 9.5x19/20 to fill those big arches.
I also think the rear quater section of the car looks odd compared to the rest of the body styling wise.